I have received a Ibanez GRX40 guitar fas a present and I would like to know other than actually playing what would I need or have to do to achieve or recreate the sound/tone of Prince's guitar. That clean crunchy MPLS sound that he's famous for? I am just getting into this and I apologize for being a novice...I won't be this way for long. LOL. I appreciate any help anyone can give to me...thank you.
I have no idea what you're talking about, but if you can't get you guitar to do it alone, there may be a pedal. Overdrive pedal maybe?
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
You need to be sexually ambiguous, revel in purple, and play shirts vs. skins basketball with Charlie Murphy...

That and google his rig.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Get a much better guitar and a much better amp - seriously, it's not going to happen with cheap equipment.

Prince is a severely under-reated guitarist and his tone is amazing, that doesn't come cheap.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Get a much better guitar and a much better amp - seriously, it's not going to happen with cheap equipment.

Prince is a severely under-reated guitarist and his tone is amazing, that doesn't come cheap.

This.

And the last line, like + a thousand.
Quote by steven seagull

This. And chorus, a LOT of chorus.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
saw Prince play on a tribute to the Beatles doing While My Guitar Gently Weeps. It was an all star cast of guitar players and everybody got a solo (ala Hear n' Aid). IMHO, Prince sent them all back to the woodshed with his solo. Blew my freakin' mind!
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!