I just got a ValveKing 2X12 on a trade and because of the location I wasn't able to try it out. I don't know why I went through with it without trying but that's another story.

I get home and turn the amp on, let it warm up awhile while I get my guitar ready then I turn it off standby and hit a chord...nothing. I switch channels and notice a faint sound coming out. Basically it sounds like quiet headphones when turned right up on the distortion channel. Odd thing is after awhile the clean channel started working but it was noticably quiet, just loud enough to hear.

I checked the tubes and 3 of 4 power tubes are glowing blue on the entire tube and while this seems to be the issue I've heard this could be a transformer problem as well (?) I never checked the pre-amp tubes yet and I'm not too sure if the blue pulsates when I hit a chord or not. Any help is very appreciated I just want to know if it's serious or just something I can fix.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Last edited by CM_X5 at Sep 5, 2009,
I'm not familiar with this particular amp, but its sounds like the issue is either the tubes, or the fuse.
From what you're describing, one of your power tubes seems to have gone bad. I'd just replace them all if you can.

Also check out the Valveking thread. Welcome to the brotherhood.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Is it expensive to replace the whole set, and I will definately be having a look through that thread

By the way would a car ride have done the tubes in
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab