As the title implies I am looking for something that has great bass and bottom end response like the Uberschall but for a realistic price. I really want the Bogner but really can't afford one unfortunately

I have been looking at the Orange Thunderverb 200 - supposed to have great bottom end

Hugher & Kettner Trilogy - Don't know heaps about this but I love the TriAmp

Marshall JVM210H/410H - Only one i've tried and while I love it, it just lacks that certain low end edge

I will be gigging with this amp, and my influences and sound i'm after range from early Escape The Fate, Avenged Sevenfold, Underoath, Saosin and early Silverstein

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I can spend up to about $3500 and don't mind going used but it's extremely rare to find good amps used in Australia

Thanks
Where are you located? Check out your local Gumtree there's always some pretty decent deals on there, I found a JCM900 SLX head for 800 bucks on there the other day.
Also, you don't need 200 watts tube.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
As I stated, it's impossible to find anything used in Australia, no one here uses Gumtree anyway either lol I guess you got lucky i've never found anything decent

The Orange is switchable to 100watts and has a built in attenuator and I wouldn't mind the clean headroom
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Sep 5, 2009,
Quote by consecutive e
Where are you located? Check out your local Gumtree there's always some pretty decent deals on there, I found a JCM900 SLX head for 800 bucks on there the other day.
Also, you don't need 200 watts tube.

the jcm900 doesnt sound much like an uber at all. it sounds looser and less modern.
Can't help you much I'm afraid, just wanted to tell you that if you want something with lots of bass, the Trilogy isn't for you.

EDIT: How much are the Framus Dragon and Cobra in Aus? They've got plenty of low end.
Ever tried an Ibanez Thermion? I haven't played it myself, but it got good reviews in magazines and it's less than 2000AUS:
http://www.guitar.com.au/amplifiers/electric/ibanez/index.htm
http://www.guitar.com.au/amplifiers/electric/ibanez/TN120.htm

As I said I don't have first hand experience, but I know it's geared towards metal and is all tube, so it looks good on paper at least.
And if everything else fails, there's always the Peavey 6505...
Actually the Thermion looks quite good but haven't found anyone who stocks one. I have used the 6505 before and honestly it was rubbish imo harsh crackly and flat
sorry to break the news, but the only way to get the uberschall sound is to get an Uberschall. I can't think of another amp with that price tag voiced similar. The closest one I can think of is the ENGL Invader 100 on channel 3, not sure how much those cost over there though.

Another option might be one of those module randalls with an uber module. This will get you decently close

VHT/Fryette might also be worth a look. Similar low end but voiced dryer.
Last edited by Mark G at Sep 5, 2009,
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Actually the Thermion looks quite good but haven't found anyone who stocks one. I have used the 6505 before and honestly it was rubbish imo harsh crackly and flat

You sure no one would sell them round sydney? I have to order my 6262 from Vic cause no one round here will deal em, and the sydney mob won't bother with the postage.. Only gunna cost 60 bucks tho.. But i heard the ibanez is like a kind of hot headed 6505 somewhere, maybe here..

As for the randall module, not sure if there is a specific uber module, but i've never experimented with the randall stuff.. Not to sure a module would get the perect tone tho for what he wants.

MTS PREAMP $1,224
RM-100M $1,850
RM-100B $1,850

Thats without module, but they cost $500, im assuming that the shop is on special sales atm.. Thats guitar world in Queensland..

Hope you can find something you like man, its a pity stuff is either such a rip off, like the orange, or its so hard to find in this country..
a diamond nitrox MIGHT be cheaper. the mi audio revelation can get some pretty good metal sounds too. a splawn might also might be cheaper. in the end, there is no way to get that sound without paying big bucks.
there is something about the Uber isn't there? Its on the top of my "dream" gas list. The only things I have ever tried that comes close is the Nitro although it didn't seem as gainy. And Herbert. But, If you could afford a Herbert, an Uber would be within reach financially so that is of no help.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Quote by prsfan22
the jcm900 doesnt sound much like an uber at all. it sounds looser and less modern.

Missed the part where I recommended the 900 to him.
I was referencing the good deals that could be had on gumtree.

Please READ and ABSORB what's written before you post.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by ShallowEndings
You sure no one would sell them round sydney? I have to order my 6262 from Vic cause no one round here will deal em, and the sydney mob won't bother with the postage.. Only gunna cost 60 bucks tho.. But i heard the ibanez is like a kind of hot headed 6505 somewhere, maybe here..

As for the randall module, not sure if there is a specific uber module, but i've never experimented with the randall stuff.. Not to sure a module would get the perect tone tho for what he wants.

MTS PREAMP $1,224
RM-100M $1,850
RM-100B $1,850

Thats without module, but they cost $500, im assuming that the shop is on special sales atm.. Thats guitar world in Queensland..

Hope you can find something you like man, its a pity stuff is either such a rip off, like the orange, or its so hard to find in this country..

+1

Salvation can mod any high gain module into a Uberschall model and also there is a XTC module on the market as well.

Thats $8,000 worth of amp for $800 bucks if you already have the Randall RM100 or RM4
Quote by IbanezPsycho
+1

Salvation can mod any high gain module into a Uberschall model and also there is a XTC module on the market as well.

Thats $8,000 worth of amp for $800 bucks if you already have the Randall RM100 or RM4

My first +1, omg omg *blushes*

I just had a look on the site again. Clear as day 'RM-XTC Based on the preamp circuit of a Bogner

Never seen those modules before, but they look pretty good. Not sure i want to go with modules tho.. Not that there is anything wrong with that, i just have no experience trying them

EDIT: * XTC (Based on the preamp circuit of a Bogner® Ecstasy red channel. An all around great hi-gain tone with tight low end and cutting mid-range. It will cover any rock to metal tone. This one screams!)
Last edited by ShallowEndings at Sep 5, 2009,