I'm thinking of getting an LP standard for $725 AUD. Do you guys think it's worth it?
If you can, you might like to look into the Vintage v100. Its exactly the same apart from a very slightly different shape and it has vintage on the headstock, plus its cheaper!
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
What style do you play, and what gear do you plan on using it with? What's your budget?
I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Standard too It's an amazing guitar and worth the money!
I got it for £350 (in the UK), which is about $682 AUD. I didn't have any regrets after I got the guitar

I think $750 AUD is worth it for a great guitar like the Epiphone LP.
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top Cherry Sunburst
-Peavey Vypyr 15
-Ernie Ball Regular Slinky 0.10
-Jim Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah pedal
-Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal
-Cleartone instrument cable

L.F.C
Epi Les Paul Standards are pretty great provided you find a good one without issues (bad built quality, loose switches, etc). Therefore, check it thoroughly before you buy one. In Australia, I believe guitars are more expensive there compared to other countries like America or the UK (not sure why), so be sure to look round for the best offers. And be sure to go to your local guitar stores to try them out and look out for other brands that catch your eye! There are many more brands that sell LP shaped guitars too.
It is a pretty good guitar, very reliable, my rhythm guitarist has one and it sounds great and has never failed on him.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Quote by Amer91
What style do you play, and what gear do you plan on using it with? What's your budget?

I play rock, metal, blues, that kind of thing. I have a Randall RG-40 amp, Vox wah and Boss sustain. My budget is about $850, for my second guitar. My first was a squier bullet strat.
try one and if you like it get it. there a decent guitar, really nice rythym sound
Get a Vintage or Tokai. They're a better build quality and sound better.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Quote by Tokai09
Get a Vintage or Tokai. They're a better build quality and sound better.

+1 to this

And $720 is a reasonable price if new
If used then it's awful

I'd reccomend looking used
For $720 you could get an Upgraded epi LP
Or an LP Custom

Hell if you look hard you can get a deal like I did.
I went to billy hyde in June during there half yearly sale
Got it for $800.

Also if you're in sydney have a look at music workshop sydney
ATM they've got 30% off on all epi products!!!
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by minieme007
I play rock, metal, blues, that kind of thing. I have a Randall RG-40 amp, Vox wah and Boss sustain. My budget is about $850, for my second guitar. My first was a squier bullet strat.

I'm not sure an Epiphone Les Paul Standard is great for metal. With you're budget, I would recommend a Schecter. Check out the C-1 Blackjack and the C-1 Classic.