I recently purchased a new Monster Cable. Everything was going great, no feedback, great sustain, everything is awesome.

Now today, when I started playing, I got feedback that's like 3 times worse than the feedback I had before I got a Monster. What can cause this? It's a brand new cable, I took care of it, and I'm playing in the exactly same area and with the exactly same setup as yesterday. I messed with the pickup height which didn't do anything. The guitar sounds amazing when I'm playing. Then I leave it alone and "EEEEERRRRRRRRR". I think I may have damaged something in my input jack for the guitar. But maybe not..

Really, how can I fix this?
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by innertom
move away from the amp?

makes no difference trust me. Had the same problem. Changed cables, still...so it's still unfixed.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
im not really sure, it might be your input but i cant say for sure
If it is my input, is there anything I can do to fix it?

He will be missed.
same guitar? difficult to say. Does it do it with more than just that cable?

your pups could be microphonic?
Quote by Casketcreep
So a monster cable improves sustain?
Oh, it's one of them magic cables is it?

May have exaggerated. But compared to the POS cable I had before, hell yeah it's a magic cable. I live in Japan and spent 50 F'ing dollars for it.

He will be missed.
Quote by larrytheguitar
May have exaggerated. But compared to the POS cable I had before, hell yeah it's a magic cable. I live in Japan and spent 50 F'ing dollars for it.

Monstercables are overpriced anyway.
Planet waves are at a fair price and are awesome.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Casketcreep
There was a huge study done on audio cables not so long ago and there was a million dollars on offer for anyone who could tell the difference in $5 cables and $2000 ones simply by listening.
The money remains unclaimed.

Trust me, I can tell the difference. Buying the monster was a huge improvement.

ANYWAY, not to get sidetracked into the whole "true value of cables" and such, who can actually help me out here?

I'm almost certain now that the problem is the input jack.

What to do??

He will be missed.
i really dont see how a lose input jack is going to cause feedback. Crackling yes, feedback.. i doubt it
Quote by guidothepimmp
i really dont see how a lose input jack is going to cause feedback. Crackling yes, feedback.. i doubt it

It's not loose. Maybe the wires are messed up?

He will be missed.
Here's the thing... I don't know if RG's are different or not, but I only have one wire. It's a while one. There's no evidence of there ever being a black one, or any other cable for the input jack. Now since this problem is pretty recent I'm guessing it only needs one cable, and that one cable looks fine.

I supposed I can buy a new input jack or something and get wires for it. But I don't know how RG's work. Maybe there should only be one wire for the input jack.

He will be missed.
Not that I can tell. If they're the same color, than it's possible.

He will be missed.
Still the wiring shouldn't be causing feedback anyway.

Maybe you just have too much gain and/or treble up? I know when I'm using my Cube, I get feedbacky noises when I put my wah pedal toe down the full way.
Maybe But I don't understand why it's happening now. I made zero changes since yesterday. This is bumming me out because I have a jam session tomorrow. God.

He will be missed.
^^

Well.. the feedback pretty much starts when.. you start hearing things. (bad wording). Basically if your volume is loud enough to play, there's feedback. There's no feedback with the volume knob to 0. As soon as it pickups up your strings, it picks up that sound.

And when I mute all strings, it still continues. The only time I can't hear it is when I'm actually playing a song.

And It's KIND OF a buzz, but there's also a bit of that sound you get when you pull the cable out without turning down the volume. The kind of static-like, buzz like, fuzz.

It's not really high pitched.

I've tried my crap one, my monster, and my brothers (which is decent).

He will be missed.
Can you try your guitar on a different amp? It could be the pickups in your guitar, it happened to my Les Paul, the bridge pickup had gone microphonic and made the guitar basically unplayable.
Quote by MrSheen
Can you try your guitar on a different amp? It could be the pickups in your guitar, it happened to my Les Paul, the bridge pickup had gone microphonic and made the guitar basically unplayable.

Maybe tomorrow I'll give it a shot.

He will be missed.
Quote by David Collins
It sounds to me like it's not a feedback issue at all, but more likely a buzzing problem with the cable (assuming you do not observe these problems with the other cables). If you don't have a multimeter to test it, I would take the cable in to a store and have them check it out, preferably the store you bought it from unless you got it through the mail.

Either way, you have to find a way to accurately test the cable, and if it's defective (which it sounds like it likely is) return it for a new one.

No it buzzes with all cables I've tried with.

He will be missed.
The thing that drives me is that it was perfectly fine yesterday. Seriously, what the hell.

He will be missed.