To those that have used this amp, is it worth the money one would spend on it? Also, what does the cab cost? I've seen the head for around 1900, but I don't know what the cab runs.
Quote by snipelfritz
I never thought I'd say this, but Bloody Piss sounds damn good.

The Iced Earth Thread
Depends on what cab you want. Recto cabs cost:

$439 - 1X12
$619 - 2X12 horizontal
$669 - 2X12 vertical slant
$949 - 4X12 slant/straight

Thats for the recto's, but they have other cabs. But they are all within that price range. But if i where you, i'd look into maybe a Avatar. They are cheaper and should get the job done.

As for the Rectifier, i've played the single rect and it was amazing. Probably the best amp i've ever played.

But with that kind of money, i recommend looking into the Randall MTS series. They have a few recto based modules, such as the treadplate and grail. But you can send it to Rob (Jaded Faith on MTS forum) and he can make it sound even better than the Mesa Recto. The mod only costs $140.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21406604#post21406604

Good Luck.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by Axis Of Evil
To those that have used this amp, is it worth the money one would spend on it? Also, what does the cab cost? I've seen the head for around 1900, but I don't know what the cab runs.

Although, it's really up to you, I think the Triple Rect. is total overkill. Where on EARTH would you use a 150 watt amp? I mean really? Have you considered a Dual Rectifier? Less wattage, better tone(s) imho. While I do like a well eq'd Recto tone, they can be a bit of a pain to deal with sometimes.