Page 1 of 3
That about sums it up. Throw in Saddam's execution, Josef Fritzl and we're done here.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Quote by Chikao42
That about sums it up. Throw in Saddam's execution, Josef Fritzl and we're done here.

Quote by Reveluzionairo
*series of images summing up the last decade*

Thanks for making me feel so much better. The larger portion of my life so far condensed into 7 events.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Casey Anthony. Well, I'm not so sure about the rest of the world, but when I lived in Florida it was pretty much as big as Christ returning.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Quote by Chikao42

And the credit crunch. Done.
Quote by RG5EX1
Casey Anthony. Well, I'm not so sure about the rest of the world, but when I lived in Florida it was pretty much as big as Christ returning.

I dont even know who that is.
don't forget how the top 40 consisted of mainly rap/r+b/hip hop artists for the past decade
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
I purchased a new hat a few years ago. I think that will probably be one of the major highlights.

It'll probably be remember for the rise of reality tv aswell.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Twin towers, London 7/7 bombings, wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, Credit crisis, two ****ty british prime ministers, widespread use of the internet, rise of social networking, filesharing/internet piracy comes into it's own, First black american president

That's all I can think of at the moment
Quote by Zox
The Tsunami...

yea man, that killed like a quarter of a million people, and so many swedes.

helt sjukt...
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
The moment when Disney started sucking.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Social networking: Facebook, Myspace, Twitter all those
Lodon Bombings
9/11
Micheal Jackson, Les Paul, Farrah Faucet, Billy Mays
Recession
Iraq War
Saddam's Execution
Josef Fritzl
Maybe the British Columbine plots
Tsunami
Obama
In political terms, in the UK we'll remember September 11, Iraq and Afghanistan, 7/7, global terrorism and the War on Terror, the recession, George Bush, Obama, the rise and fall of Labour, climate change and environmentalism becoming a major political issue and the rise of China, India and other developing economies.

Technologically, it's all about the internet. The growth from 2000 to 2009 has been astronomic. 10 years ago you had a terrible dial-up connection and few good websites, now it's wireless broadband and everything uses the internet in some way. It's effected nearly everyone in the developed world.
St.Anger due it's triumph, oh wait, nevermind
Quote by cornmancer
In hell they make you play Mario Kart for all eternity. Every race you almost win, but then get triple blue shelled 5 feet from the finish line and get forced to watch everyone pass you.

XBL: FOOmike25

It's Your Fudging Nightmare
England winning at Rugby and Cricket.
England winning the Olympic bid.
For me (although i'm sure alot of others my age will identify)

-Being a teenager
-Picking up guitar after trying various other hobbies that didn't catch on
-College
-First crush
-Discovering lots of new music
-Making first band
-Becoming more cynical
-First job
-First time out of England

Various other things that i can't think of at the moment, but heres some general ones:

-9/11
-7/7 bombings (happened on my birthday)
-Gulf war
-Obama becoming president
-Michael Moore, Morgan Spurlock, Dan Brown, etc. making various books and films to cause controversy and sell to disaffected teens
-The death of many good celebrities
-Various fantastic bands forming
-Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, and their next generation cousins
-HDTV
-Ipod and iphone
-Bluetooth
-Credit crunch
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by SmarterChild
In political terms, in the UK we'll remember September 11, Iraq and Afghanistan, 7/7, global terrorism and the War on Terror, the recession, George Bush, Obama, the rise and fall of Labour, climate change and environmentalism becoming a major political issue and the rise of China, India and other developing economies.

Technologically, it's all about the internet. The growth from 2000 to 2009 has been astronomic. 10 years ago you had a terrible dial-up connection and few good websites, now it's wireless broadband and everything uses the internet in some way. It's effected nearly everyone in the developed world.

I had broadband in 2000, but that's just because my dad's tech-savvy.

i'm really sad that we only have bad things...
there's no martin luther king jr (the good bit, not his death...), or moon landing...
there's just war and destruction.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Trust me, in 50 years, Obama will be remembered over everything else.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Quote by RobinTrower12
Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, Playstation 3

No one is gonna care about them crappy systems....
------------------------------------

-Gay Marriage.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Last edited by Nexium at Sep 5, 2009,
Quote by Wiirdo
Trust me, in 50 years, Obama will be remembered over everything else.

I really doubt that. And you could say the same about any president of the states tbh, who will forget Bush or Reagan who was alive to see them? No, Obama is not going to hold a special place because he's progressive or because he is black, but simply for the same reason the other presidents do, and that is because they dominate the lives of 300 million people every day for several years.

The internet is certainly a huge legacy. My life would be very different without it.
Quote by captaincrunk
I really doubt that. And you could say the same about any president of the states tbh, who will forget Bush or Reagan who was alive to see them? No, Obama is not going to hold a special place because he's progressive or because he is black, but simply for the same reason the other presidents do, and that is because they dominate the lives of 300 million people every day for several years.

The internet is certainly a huge legacy. My life would be very different without it.

Most ppl will go ''oh yeah Obama the first black President in the US''
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Nexium
-Gay Marriage.

Along with gay marraige (though unrelated in any way) I'd say that we're seeing the ending of african conflict. I know it hasn't ended, but I think that soon they will begin to look more like latin america (in politics and technology).
Quote by Nexium
Most ppl will go ''oh yeah Obama the first black President in the US''

Exactly, "... oh yeah Obama was the first black president. Almost forgot!"

The fact that he is president far outweighs the fact that he is black. He'd be ashamed to know you think that his blackness is what he will be remembered for...
Quote by nightraven
!

(i do realise it was '98 but the forums were noughties)

Well we have roughly 4 months to do something memorable. Mass suicide anyone?
People actually say the Noughties. laugh.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Page 1 of 3