I currently have an Ibanez RG 4exqm1 with D'addario .09s and I'm wanting to up the gauge so I can down tune (maybe down to drop C). I've heard that there are strings that are heavy on the bottom but light on top? What brand/gauge do you recommend I get?

Also, when changing to a higher gauge on a guitar with a floating trem will I have to do any other adjustments besides tightening up the springs on the bridge?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
10-56 i find are quite nice on drop c, dr do some nice jeff healy gauge ones like that.
Dont know bout the floating trem though, always avoided them as they seem a real pain
you may have to add a spring, but dont use the light top heavy bottoms. they dont stay in tune with a floating trem
you should look at something like .11 for a gauge and as for brand get a reconsised brand such as ernie ball or daddario. you may have to add an extra spring and adjust the springs tension.
I just remembered that I have an old spare spring from one of my old guitars. Are there different types/tensions of springs? How do I know if I can use this spring on my ibanez?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.