What the title says!

Wasn't possitive if this thread should go here, but I think it does...

Anyway, I really need to get some inspiration from bands that use 7 strings, but sound similar to Lamb Of God, Children Of Bodom, In Flames, etc.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Not the place to post this.

Try the reccomendation thread at the top maybe, or in the Hardcore forum where LoG stuff should go.

Lamb of God and Bodom sound completely different anyways.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
i don't think your gona find many bands that sound that way because children of bodom and lamb of god aern't about chugging on a string THAT low, if you find any hell i'de like to know haha
First off, LoG and CoB are completely different bands and neither use 7 strings. Good luck finding that kinda of band.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
I know L.o.G & C.o.B sound totally different, but I'd love to hear something that mixes them two sort of bands together!
& I do listen to Unearth, but most of what I compose is from inspiration from them so I want more than them for inspiration

Quote by Warheart1188
First off, LoG and CoB are completely different bands and neither use 7 strings. Good luck finding that kinda of band.

I know they're completely different, & I know they don't use 7's... Which is why I asked for bands that sound similar to them (kinda like mixing their sounds) that DO use 7's!
Last edited by _-Joey-_ at Sep 5, 2009,
Most bands that have a need to play that low just tune that low instead of buying 7-strings. I'd say just make your own adaptations of songs, because I don't think there are many bands that play 7-strings like that. But Korn has some good stuff if you're really looking for something.
Some melodic death bands tune to B standard, so you could use a 7 string for them in most situations unless you need an open F#. Ones that come to mind are Soilwork and At the Gates. They do have something in common with In Flames and Children of Bodom, but still sound quite different.
Quote by lyonk55
Some melodic death bands tune to B standard, so you could use a 7 string for them in most situations unless you need an open F#. Ones that come to mind are Soilwork and At the Gates. They do have something in common with In Flames and Children of Bodom, but still sound quite different.

Most helpful answer so far, thank you
& I havn't heard At The Gates, I'll check 'em out!
well for one i agree with all the post's that say they sound totally different but they are both metal so you have to give them that but CoB they are Melodic Death Metal and Lamb Of God idk what type of genre they are but i know they are metal but if you want a band that uses a 7 string they may not be what you are looking for or anything but it might be Korn is one (the old Korn not the new) and In This Moment great band great singer and a great duo guitarist
Quote by Tricky_666
well for one i agree with all the post's that say they sound totally different but they are both metal so you have to give them that but CoB they are Melodic Death Metal and Lamb Of God idk what type of genre they are but i know they are metal but if you want a band that uses a 7 string they may not be what you are looking for or anything but it might be Korn is one (the old Korn not the new) and In This Moment great band great singer and a great duo guitarist

Yeah, it's hard to find 7 string bands that play exactly what I want to hear & it's hard to find a mix of CoB & LoG, even if it's not on a 7 string!
Even if I find a band that sounds just like CoB & not like LoG, or the other way around I'll love that!
& if In This Moment are the band I think they are, I've only heard one of their songs, but I wasn't a fan
I think Gob Forbid use 7 strings, but, this is the wrong place.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
1. LoG and CoB don't use 7 stringers, bro.
2. Metal Recommendation Thread.
3. They dont sound anything like the bands you mentioned, but listen to them anyways : Nevermore, Meshuggah, Morbid Angel etc.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Last edited by vanshaya at Sep 5, 2009,
Quote by vanshaya
1. LoG and CoB don't use 7 stringers, bro.
2. Metal Recommendation Thread.
3. They dont sound anything like the bands you mentioned, but listen to them anyways : Nevermore, Meshuggah, Morbid Angel etc.

I know LoG & CoB don't use 7 strings!!! CoB play in D standard & drop C, & LoG play in drop D, but I want something that sounds similar to them that DO use 7 strings!!
& yeah, I listen to Meshuggah, & need to listen to Nevermore because I'm lead to believe Jeff Loomis is amazing
Quote by _-Joey-_
I know LoG & CoB don't use 7 strings!!! CoB play in D standard & drop C, & LoG play in drop D, but I want something that sounds similar to them that DO use 7 strings!!
& yeah, I listen to Meshuggah, & need to listen to Nevermore because I'm lead to believe Jeff Loomis is amazing

Also check out his solo album.
Dream Theater use seven strings in some songs, too.
Check out Bhayanak Maut. I believe they use 7 strings. http://www.myspace.com/bhayanakmautmusic
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Claymore Holocaust
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Quote by Rhyan_EG
Claymore Holocaust

Man, we all know they're all over the 8-stringers now.
Philosophy > Life
Korn
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
haha korn
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau