Im so confused, basically i have a 100w Valveking head and a 2x12 Avatar cab with Vintage 30's (the ones with the bulldog on them, i believed they are nicknamed Neo-dog or something to the effect and they are marked 8ohms on each speaker)...

Anyways, it seems the cab speakers are wired INDIVIDUALLY, so if i plug 1 wire from my head to the top input on the cab, sound comes from ONE speaker. If i plug 1 wire from my head into the bottom input jack sound comes from the OTHER speaker.. wierd.. to me atleast, never seen a cab wired like this (im new and have not seen many cabs)

My question is how do i hook this up to my head and what ohms do i set my head too? the speakers inside the cab are 8 ohms each and i can select 4-8-16 on my head... so since 2-8 ohm speakers should i set it to 16 ohms with 2 cables running to and from the cab?? or since they are parralel do they stay the same 8ohms, or do i divide it by 2 8/4=4? Will this be dangerous considering my amp is 100watts and the speakers i think are rated at 80 ( i think 80 ).

I looked through other forums but really this stuff just goes over my head, im new and dont have any experience with these things. Please help me o' great UG gods

Sorry for my horrible spelling and grammer, but im not the brightest person in the world, i just like music.
Does your VK have stereo output? (2 output jacks?) you'll want to select 8 ohms I believe, and if you have the stereo out one to each speaker.
------

Shwiggity.
yes, it has 2 quarter inch output jacks in the back for cabs (so im assuming thats stereo then)

ok so i connect 2 cables from the stereo jacks into both inputs jacks on the cab and set it to 8ohms... is this safe? i dont want to damage anything since the speakers are rated at 80 watts and its a 100w head. I felt safer when i thought the 100w load was going to 2 speakers so it be like 160 watt (80w load for each?) but i might be looking at this way wrong.

Anyways thank you for your fast reply!
Last edited by MigNogNa at Sep 5, 2009,
id say it would be safe as long as you dont crank the **** out of the amp. if you max it out youll probably blow something though.
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.
Quote by MigNogNa
yes, it has 2 quarter inch output jacks in the back for cabs (so im assuming thats stereo then)

ok so i connect 2 cables from the stereo jacks into both inputs jacks on the cab and set it to 8ohms... is this safe? i dont want to damage anything since the speakers are rated at 80 watts and its a 100w head. I felt safer when i thought the 100w load was going to 2 speakers so it be like 160 watt (80w load for each?) but i might be looking at this way wrong.

Anyways that you for your fast reply!
Not stereo. Just parallel connections.

Connect two cables, one to each speaker.
Set the amp to 4 ohms.
Speaker capacity now = 160watts.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
deftonesordie, sk8freakrt, SomeoneYouKnew thank you guys very much. I never thought i would get help that fast, you guys are incredible. UG FTW