So I got offered a Mesa Boogie .50 Caliber head sometime ago. I got offered the same, except with a cab for $150 in exchange for my Rivera R100-212. I was basically looking for a heavier modern tone, but my Rivera has an amazing overdriven sound with a crystal clear sound Blackface/Tweed channel.

Now, I was going for that deal but I got offered a JSX 120W Combo for my amplifier...

I love the brootalz on the Mesa, and it has a very glassy clean channel also but the videos of it are so few I can't really decide for sure. I love my Rivera but I just want something different...I can't really afford pedals and I would personally trade it. Then is the JSX...it's pretty famous and I may just jump for it...what would you guys do?
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Mesa is mesa, but i think the peavey is more for mid gain hard rock, like satriani
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
yeah that is one thing abotu the JSX tone
it has a lot of mids definately more than the mesa it has a more fuller tone to my ear

but im not a big fan of its cleans, theyre a little dirty to me
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
I see. I'll probably snatch the Mesa. I'm into either ambient or metalcore lately. Thanks for the replies guys.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
The 50 caliber is notorious for failures it was one of their amps that had problems. I bought one new and it died on me sent it back to mesa they sent me another one, same problem bad transformers in that line must be the supplier. On the other hand I have a triple xxx never even blinked on me. Gigged with it extensively
Get the JSX and get a nice rack EQ. I was extremely dissatisfied with my JSX head for the longest of times (i'm a metal /technical player...or atleast i think i am) till i put a 30 band EQ in the loop and DAMN worlds apart from straight JSX tone.

Honestly the JSX has probably one of the worst EQs i've ever encountered, i know alot of folks that are happy with it but the EQ just stinks IMO.

Otherwise the JSX is an awesome amp, great tone, versatility and takes pedals very well.

In summation get the JSX and a rack EQ to make it as brutal as you want.
Thanks Shredick and Rahguzar. Very vital info. =)
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
Last edited by RR787 at Sep 6, 2009,