Hi,

I emailed my local guitar shop in Derby (not naming them because I go there a lot and do like them), enquiring about whether or not they could get a Schecter Solo 6 in for me to try out as I want to see how it suits my style (some metal, mostly blues-rock or classic rock).

I got a reply today, here's how it goes:

"We don't stock Schecter guitars. They were an exclusive brand to Sound Control, when they went bust last year, Schecter all but disapeared. I think you'll struggle to find one now.

We do have plenty of similar style guitars from ESP, Ibanez and the brand new DBZ guitars (a new line from Dean Zelinsky of Dean guitars fame)

Cheers"

Is this bull, given that Schecter have a 2009 line-up?

Thanks.

EDIT - He also can't be going on about them being exclusive to that one shop, as Millennium Music stock them.
Quote by necrosis1193
Somewhere in a concert hall in Sweden, you have just caused Yngwie Malmsteen physical pain. You also caused him to catch on fire.

Quote by frusciante.ve
I like that new song of theirs that goes all "peeeeeaaaas wiiiill comeeeeee toooo meeeee"

Just because you Seymour Duncan, doesn't mean you Seymour Dunshould
Last edited by MacMan2001 at Sep 5, 2009,
I think you'll find that they had exclusive distribution rights to Schecter. It won't take long for them to find a new distributor Schecter are too popular to go bust
As far as im concerned, this is bull****.
I just bought one less then a year ago, and they have a new line out
I bought a C-1 Classic 2009 model 2 months ago, no worries bro; they're still around.
19/m/US/Schecter Addict

I'm not witty enough for this kinda crap.
I think they are referring to Sound Control , not Schecter. It's stupidly hard to find Schecters in the UK, there are litrally NONE in wales (unless someone knows of where i could try one.
Schecter didn't go bust, Sound Control did.

EDIT: And I believe that Sound Control were the exclusive distributor int he UK of Schecter, or something like that.
Quote by michal23
Schecter didn't go bust, Sound Control did.

EDIT: And I believe that Sound Control were the exclusive distributor int he UK of Schecter, or something like that.

like I said in first reply
I guess you could order a Schecter from Thomann.de, try it out and send it back within a month if you don't like it. Of course that's almost like buying without trying.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by fly135
MF is full of Schecters. What is this silliness?

The difference between Musiciansfriend and them is like the Atlantic ocean,

man.

Schecters in all of their decently priced Korean, Seymour Duncan, and coil tap glory are much less common outside of the free world.

(Just teasing :p)
-Mike
Thanks guys, I didn't know Sound Control were the sole supplier. Millennium Music is listed as having some on their site, but Nottingham is a trek, so I can't check they're in stock.

Hope they get a new supplier, I really wanna try a Solo 6 Hellraiser. Might have to go down the Thomann.de route.

Btw, how is the Solo 6 Hellraiser for classic rock and Blues rock (like The Cult, rock with a bit of a blues influence)?
Quote by necrosis1193
Somewhere in a concert hall in Sweden, you have just caused Yngwie Malmsteen physical pain. You also caused him to catch on fire.

Quote by frusciante.ve
I like that new song of theirs that goes all "peeeeeaaaas wiiiill comeeeeee toooo meeeee"

I'd advise you to get something else than a Hellraiser for those genres, although that quilted maple black cherry Solo 6 is bloody beautiful. As far as I know, passive pups would be better for those styles than active EMG's. A Solo 6 classic would probably be great, but it's only available in faded cherry sunburst.
Quote by Lunchbox362
look for other stores for them

and also check out DBZ Guitars
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by AxSilentxLine
I think you'll find that they had exclusive distribution rights to Schecter. It won't take long for them to find a new distributor Schecter are too popular to go bust

+1

i think soundsgreat might be the new distributors? could be wrong, but that rings a bell.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
*facepalm*

"We don't stock Schecter guitars. They were an exclusive brand to Sound Control, when they went bust last year, Schecter all but disapeared. I think you'll struggle to find one now."

SOUND CONTROL went bust. Not Schecter.
SG aren't the only traders of Schecter - The Guitar Merchant in Colchester stock them too.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Fama
I'd advise you to get something else than a Hellraiser for those genres, although that quilted maple black cherry Solo 6 is bloody beautiful. As far as I know, passive pups would be better for those styles than active EMG's. A Solo 6 classic would probably be great, but it's only available in faded cherry sunburst.

I emailed them and asked if they do the Solo 6 Classic in the same finish, and sadly they don't. The guy did say to just change the pickups from EMGs into passives, so that could be a solution.

If i did that, I assume I'd need different volume and tone pots for the passives.... might be too much of a hassle.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by frusciante.ve

Your in the wrong forum. Guitar Gear & Accessories is for Amps & Pedals and such.
Schecter makes Guitars.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by MacMan2001
I emailed them and asked if they do the Solo 6 Classic in the same finish, and sadly they don't. The guy did say to just change the pickups from EMGs into passives, so that could be a solution.

If i did that, I assume I'd need different volume and tone pots for the passives.... might be too much of a hassle.

Yeah, I checked the Schecter site for the color variations. Yes you could change the pickups, but that'd be some hassle and it would probably end up costing more than the Classic. Dunno how much more, though.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Ok, what happened is that Sound Control shares the same parent company as the distributer of Schecter, that parent company went bust, so both Sound Control & Schecter's distributer went bust, the reason Schecters are so hard to get in the UK right now is that they're between UK distributers, but some shops will have picked them up when the distributer went bust, so they'll be VERY cheap. Like >£400 for a Hellraiser
i know sounds live stock schechthcherhster

yes i cant spell it

anyways i think they have a few shops but theyre online too
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Mathamology
Pointless addition, but I know the shop you refer to in Derby! It's much better since Sound Control went under, in my opinion, the amp range has greatly improved. If only I could afford one

Haha, now don't be giving it away now they're a great shop but I do wish the shop owner was a little more helpful and less surly. But it's the only local place (barring that shop in Nottingham, and God knows I don't wanna go there) that has the high-end stuff. I also wish they'd open on Sundays.

I bought my VT30 off them for £159 brand new, and they gave me 12 months' warranty.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by frusciante.ve

Quote by Fama
Yeah, I checked the Schecter site for the color variations. Yes you could change the pickups, but that'd be some hassle and it would probably end up costing more than the Classic. Dunno how much more, though.

I could get the guitar from America so it wouldn't cost as much and put the rest on some SD pickups. Or, another poster on here said the Solo 6 could be bought quite cheaply now the distributor is gone.... but I can't see that being true. At the end of the day, they paid £x for that Solo 6, and they'll want a profitable return on it whether the distributor is gone or not.

The main work would be buying coil-tap compatible SD pickups (that wouldn't take too long to find) along with some compatible tone pots. Then I'd need a different type of volume pot....

Maybe, I'll just get it with EMGs and just turn the volume on the guitar down so it gives a cleaner, yet still heavy-ish, tone. Then I still have active pickup power if I need it.

Thanks all
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by frusciante.ve

I would definitely check out DBZ Guitars. I got my first one and could not be happier. My other is on it's way! Woot!

DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
Quote by shredmaster12
I would definitely check out DBZ Guitars. I got my first one and could not be happier. My other is on it's way! Woot!

C'mon dude pull your head in the thread is dead the point of the thread has been resolved let it die and stop whoring your new guitar, if you want to do that go and create your own thread and stop making irrelevant posts in threads that have been finished.
Just to think about, MacMan. I have the C-1 FR Hellraiser with active EMG's and I generally play with a blues rock type of thing and the EMG's sound great. I am not disappointed in the pickups in any type of tone setting. I think if you went with the solo 6 with the EMG's and gave them a chance they could be great for you too.
Fender USA Stratocaster HSS
Schecter C-1 FR Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 321mh
Fender Squier Strat
Bugera V22
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100
Line 412 cab V 30's
Quote by Ghold125
Thomann stocks Shecter and ships throughout Europe, hell I even found your model (I think)
http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_hellraiser_solo_006_bk.htm

on a side note, if someone was interested I would be willing to ship mine World wide.

Are you selling one? If so, how much?

I looked on Thomann last week, thanks though
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by frusciante.ve

Quote by JMeasles
Just to think about, MacMan. I have the C-1 FR Hellraiser with active EMG's and I generally play with a blues rock type of thing and the EMG's sound great. I am not disappointed in the pickups in any type of tone setting. I think if you went with the solo 6 with the EMG's and gave them a chance they could be great for you too.

I've been thinking about that, especially since they have the coil tapping too. I really need to try one of these, but no where stocks them and requires an upfront payment in order to order one - but then what if I don't like it?

I think Thomman.de is the way forward for this one.... The Blues rock I'd be playing is a lil like The Cult and some John Mayer, certainly be coil-tapping for the Mayer stuff.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by frusciante.ve