I intend to get a new amp sometime in 2010/2011.
I have been guided towards the B52 AT, Randall G3+ and the Bugera 6260. Still havent decided exactly which one,leaning towards the B52 and the 6260 though.
You can gues that I play metal from the amps....

Now the question-the 6260 has 5 12AX7's, the 6262 has 6. Does this mean the 6262 will have more gain? Will it make the cleans suffer?

Both the Randall and the Bugera cost ~USD 950 for the 100/120 watt 212 combo without DFX.
Can you play these amps in person?

Logically thinking about the way an extra tube would affect sound is no substitute for a thorough audition of the amp. Even if I myself hold the narrow perspective that "more tubes in the preamp means better distortion", which isn't even really that true.

I just get the vibe that the more tubes you can spread out your preamp distortion over makes for better versatility and high gain sound. But it's a stupid way to think about it, I'd focus more on comparing specific amps.
-Mike
Quote by HopePoisoned
Can you play these amps in person?

Logically thinking about the way an extra tube would affect sound is no substitute for a thorough audition of the amp. Even if I myself hold the narrow perspective that "more tubes in the preamp means better distortion", which isn't even really that true.

I just get the vibe that the more tubes you can spread out your preamp distortion over makes for better versatility and high gain sound. But it's a stupid way to think about it, I'd focus more on comparing specific amps.

Thats the thing. The only shop here that sells Bugera's doesnt stock them here-they ship them in from another branch in another state.