After reading about IbanezPsycho plugging his RM4 into his Blackstar HT-5, I got to thinking- couldn't I do this with my Vetta? A superior Spider Valve, if you will. I was talking about this in my NAD for my Blackstar but felt it would be better to make a separate topic instead. So far, I believe that the HT-5 takes preamps using the effects loop. But the effects loop of the Vetta is parallel. Is it still possible?
Yeah. I'm getting a tube poweramp for my Flextone.

Vetta Pre -> HT-5 Power In
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
Yeah. I'm getting a tube poweramp for my Flextone.

Vetta Pre -> HT-5 Power In

Yep, I get that part. Right now, I have a speaker cable running from the Vetta's effects loop (running from the send output) into the HT-5's return. I turn both on and the Vetta gets a bit warmer and more tube like, but the sound is still coming through the Vetta's speakers. I'm thinking this tone improvement is all in my head so far, seeing as the Vetta still makes sound even when the HT-5 is off.
It'll make sound when the HT-5 is off. Are you turning the HT-5's standby off? If you're not, then that probably explains why the sound is still out of the Vetta. I slaved my Flex into a Kustom SS I had laying around, and unless I turned the other amp on, it didn't work.

Other than that, I'm not too sure what to tell you...
--

--
Both the HT-5 and the Vetta are on. Maybe it just doesn't work?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that, if both the HT-5 and the Vetta are on, if I turn the Vetta off while the HT-5 is still on, a popping sound comes out of the HT-5's cab.
Last edited by BeethovensBust at Sep 5, 2009,
Is your Vetta set so that it bypasses the FX loop? That's the only thing I can think of. Maybe PM Ibanez Psycho?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by stykerwolf
You are not sending anything, but reciving, plug a cable to the send input jack and either plug that into a tuner or just leave it :/

He is. Slaving the pre into the power is the same as running a rack pre and power amp, they're just still in the amps.

Maybe your FX loop is bypassed?
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
He is. Slaving the pre into the power is the same as running a rack pre and power amp, they're just still in the amps.

Maybe your FX loop is bypassed?

Possibly. I'm at the airport right now so I won't be able to check until Monday.
Vetta FX Send-->HT5 FX return-->HT5 Speaker out to cab

Make sure nothing else is plugged into the empty slots in the FX loop.

And it should work great. I've pretty much slaved every amp I have ever owned and it was always fun to mess around with getting different tones and creating your own sound. So go for it.