I've heard a lot of people say that it isn't good to have your CPU tower on the floor; but I've also seen several on the floor.

So UG, is the saying that you shouldn't put a CPU tower on the floor- fact, or fiction?
Are you serious...

C'mon!!!!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
I find it worse to lay it on my crotch.

It becomes quite painful very fast.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

i find it impedes performance when i store it in my bathtub...
Wanted to play Bass, but then developed conscious thought...
Mine is on the floor. Nothing wrong.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
I think those things are noisy, floor is better. mine is behind my screen.
It's just that if you have shaggy rug and a pet like a cat or a dog and there's hair all over the floor, it's bad for the fan and the components because they end up with a coat on them and the overheat. Also it is bad for air circulation.

Otherwise, don't worry.

To prevent this, you can blow the dust out with

Read a little about what precautions to take when you do this.

Peace, your favorite Computer Tech.
when you have your PC case on the floor it may cause that more of dust gets in. Thats because more of dust is circling (sp?) lower to the ground. Dust on the CPU may cause overheating

(sorry for my english)
take it first hand from me its a terrible idea, only 2 weeks ago my computer died because my tower was on the floor and my drunken cousin tried to spear me and landed on it, snapping a pin out the back of the hard drive.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
The best way is to simply have a high chair, perhaps a barstool. And then what you do is tie a rope around your computers tower and then tie the other end to your penis. If done right your computer will dangle about 3 inches above the floor and will reach optimal performance
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
I keep mine on the floor, but i keep the side of my case open, or else it gets way too hot. Also, i regularly vacuum all the dust out of my pc (its not so hard since its open anyways) so that never becomes an issue.
Quote by Limaj_daas
I keep mine on the floor, but i keep the side of my case open, or else it gets way too hot. Also, i regularly vacuum all the dust out of my pc (its not so hard since its open anyways) so that never becomes an issue.

Having the side panel of ****s up the air vortex and is even worse.
wow...can people ever be serious?

like the few people that have been of help have said, it wont hurt it. i can get a little dustier so youll want to clean it more regularly. but otherwise it wont matter. and if you leave the side panel off, atleast stick a boxfan there to pull the heat/dust away from it...
This is the first thread on UG that has made me lol in a long time.

Seriously though, it prob doesnt make that much of a difference anyway
I clutch it between my arsecheeks when I use it to check my facebook.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
my cpu is placed secured inside my motherboard at the cpu slot. However my pc is placed on the floor, no problems for me.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...