Hey,
I was looking for a cheap, preferably tube, amp for playing in my bedroom.
I currently have a Washburn X50 PROFE (EMG pickups).
I mainly play metal.
I was looking at the Blackheart BH15-112; however I don't know whether it will sound good with the active pickups, or whether I will get enough distortion.
I also looked at the Valveking; however this, I feel, will be too loud as it is 50W.
I haven't really looked too far in depth, so haven't considered many others. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Blackstar ht5 will be better than the Blackheart. Go try one out. They're pretty cheap.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Has to be the HT-5, will do most metal without a boost. But I'm not exactly a metal head and I'm not sure of what kinda metal you play....I've heard from some people it wont do some types of modern metal. I've heard good things about the hayden mofo as well, maybe even a line6 flextone
The difference between them is £100. Is this worth it?
In answer to what kind of metal, modern.
Quote by jacobparker
Hey,
I was looking for a cheap, preferably tube, amp for playing in my bedroom.
I currently have a Washburn X50 PROFE (EMG pickups).
I mainly play metal.
I was looking at the Blackheart BH15-112; however I don't know whether it will sound good with the active pickups, or whether I will get enough distortion.
I also looked at the Valveking; however this, I feel, will be too loud as it is 50W.
I haven't really looked too far in depth, so haven't considered many others. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I would go for a modeling amp. the Blackstar is cool but for modern metal (even with an OD) i wouldn't go for it.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Ht-5 is overrated. Costs way too much for a 5w tube, even if it does have a nice sound. You won't be able to do anything with it apart from quiet practicing. If you're in a band or ever decide to join one it's not going to be loud enough and you're going to have to dish out another £400+ for a louder amp which you could've bought in the first place.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by falconthefirst
Ht-5 is overrated. Costs way too much for a 5w tube, even if it does have a nice sound. You won't be able to do anything with it apart from quiet practicing. If you're in a band or ever decide to join one it's not going to be loud enough and you're going to have to dish out another £400+ for a louder amp which you could've bought in the first place.

I only really want it for quiet practising. When it comes out recording, playing live, and band practice, then I will get an expensive amp.

I also only really use one channel.
I just looked into the POD XT Live. It would be more expensive than the Blackheart, but cheaper than the Blackstar.

What do, UG? What do?