I don't get why I know its a solid amp and tubes are better but i dont have that kind of money so what makes them so bad to people?
Read the stickies.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The sound
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
Cuz its the most affordable marshall head. lol. it is ok, but it is very basic and is in desperate need of pedals to make it worth anything. good rich marshall clean but the distortion is not very good for any genre of music
Did you ever read the forum rules?
A thread like this is banned.

Here's your answer-
1- the distortion sounds really bad
2- it's overpriced
3- it's not built well, breaks down alot.

Anyways, just to correct you, solid state isn't always worse than tube.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by wakekid2001
Cuz its the most affordable marshall head. lol. it is ok, but it is very basic and is in desperate need of pedals to make it worth anything. good rich marshall clean but the distortion is not very good for any genre of music

The clean is pretty **** too.
The fact that they are overpriced for what they are doesn't help. You pay a premium for the Marshall logo but the amp is sub-par at best. It's not that they are a terrible amp, it's just you can do so much better for the price.

I think we should sticky a "Why does everyone hate MG/Spiders - Answered" thread
they suck........pure and simple

put it this way I'd rather listen to the sound of three morbidly obese(is that how you spell it?) dogs humping a doorbell for five years straight while playing smoke on the water with their farts..................that's how bad MGs are
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Cause no one ever gives a reason for it they just dis it and it works fine for me no its no tube amp but i dont have 2000+ dollars for a tube full stack
Quote by michal23
The clean is pretty **** too.

The cleans are good. You don't know what you're talking about.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Quote by MG Master
Cause no one ever gives a reason for it they just dis it and it works fine for me no its no tube amp but i dont have 2000+ dollars for a tube full stack

Well, most of the people here are bandwagoners, and can't actually give you a reason why it sucks anyways. But, you can do better for the price, so.....
Budget?
Styles played?

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Quote by jc349

I can't tell whether you're being serious or not.

If you are: I've played this amp, and many others. The cleans are ****.
Quote by padgea7x
they suck........pure and simple

put it this way I'd rather listen to the sound of three morbidly obese(is that how you spell it?) dogs humping a doorbell for five years straight while playing smoke on the water with their farts..................that's how bad MGs are

how plesant...
Because people read on www.ultimate-guitar.com that it was awful and have been peddling this "knowledge" far and wide having probably never heard one used. However, I agree that they are not very good amps for anything above the beginner stages. Also, valves (they're not called tubes dammit) aren't always better than solid state amps.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Ed Hunter
Because people read on www.ultimate-guitar.com that it was awful and have been peddling this "knowledge" far and wide having probably never heard one used. However, I agree that they are not very good amps for anything above the beginner stages. Also, valves (they're not called tubes dammit) aren't always better than solid state amps.

I'm pretty sure that valve is the British term which we took they are called tubes or valves it dosen't matter.
Quote by michal23
I can't tell whether you're being serious or not.

If you are: I've played this amp, and many others. The cleans are ****.

Not kidding. The cleans are decent on the MG. Add a good pedal and it becomes a decent practice amp for the price. Just the distortion sucks. The FX are mehh.....
The only one worth it to me is he 10 watt one.

Also the new MG4s are an improvement over the old ones.

Sure it won't compare to a tube amp, but it's not terrible like everyone says it is.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Quote by jc349

The cleans are horrid, sterile and lifeless, I'd rather plug directly into a P.A.
Quote by jc349
Not kidding. The cleans are decent on the MG. Add a good pedal and it becomes a decent practice amp for the price. Just the distortion sucks. The FX are mehh.....
The only one worth it to me is he 10 watt one.

Also the new MG4s are an improvement over the old ones.

Sure it won't compare to a tube amp, but it's not terrible like everyone says it is.

Personally I didn't like the cleans at all. Each to their own, I guess.
Ok
I said the cleans are usable and good for the price range. I never said I liked them. They dosound cold and sterile, but all I'm saying is that the cleans are decent compared to Spiders, etc.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Quote by Sguit
The cleans are horrid, sterile and lifeless, I'd rather plug directly into a P.A.

You'd rather plug into a P.A. hmm I hate plugging into a P.A. it just isn't the same