I bought in February 15th, 2009 @ Guitar Center. I got the insurance. But i'm having sound issues and from everyone I talked to and hear from, which is a lot, i've come to realize it's the combo amp. It's a 150w Spider III....is there anyway I could get my money back so I could actually get an amp that that doesn't have issues?
what kind of sound issues?

If its a sound issue where something is like broken, it may be covered by warranty, to gt it fixed. I doubt you will get your money back though.

If its sound issues in relation to it being a spider III, then well, not much you can do
No way you can your money back, and it's too late to return it
Dont know of any place with a 6 month return policy. And if it has electric issues all they are gonna do is fix it or replace it.
It's insured so it can get repaired. If you aren't happy with the repairs, you may be able to use it as a trade-in on a new amp. It is unlikely that you'll get a full refund, but if it's in perfect condition I don't see why you couldn't get 75% of the price back.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
It's insured so it can get repaired. If you aren't happy with the repairs, you may be able to use it as a trade-in on a new amp. It is unlikely that you'll get a full refund, but if it's in perfect condition I don't see why you couldn't get 75% of the price back.

If you sell it to a store you would be extremely lucky to get 50% back, and 75% would be just about impossible unless it's boutique stuff or something rare.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
If you sell it to a store you would be extremely lucky to get 50% back, and 75% would be just about impossible unless it's boutique stuff or something rare.

Sorry - I meant if you sold it to Ebay or something.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
Sorry - I meant if you sold it to Ebay or something.

Ah, that makes more sense. But still, for a Spider you'd still have to get lucky to sell it for 75% of new value.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Ah, that makes more sense. But still, for a Spider you'd still have to get lucky to sell it for 75% of new value.

We should have a competition. Who can sell a used as-new Spider III for the most amount of money! That would be fun.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
We should have a competition. Who can sell a used as-new Spider III for the most amount of money! That would be fun.

Actually, that does sound like fun. We should totally see who can sell one in under a month for the most.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Actually, that does sound like fun. We should totally see who can sell one in under a month for the most.

I haven't personally tried one out yet, but I'm sure it has some good points. I think I'd market it as a clean - blues amp, with the ability for metal if you pair it with a pedal or two.
Soundcloud
Last edited by AlanHB at Sep 5, 2009,