Right, this is my first time posting in the Electric Guitar forum. Basically, by December I will most likely have a new guitar. The problem is that I'm kinda stuck on which one to get. I tend to be very fickle when it comes to choosing guitars; one week I'll be in love with Schecters, the next it'll be PRS. Any help/recommendations are very much appreciated. Here are some requirements:

- I play mostly metal, but nice cleans would very much be a plus.
- I most likely will not go over $800 budget-wise.
- Neck-thru OR set neck construction are my preferences, no bolt-ons. Neck-thru is preferred.
- Tremolo is optional, I don't care all that much whether a recommended guitar has one or not.
- I'd definitely like one that stays in tune well, this is probably the biggest requirement.
- Good pups that come with the guitar are a plus.

Alright, I think that's all the information you would need. Thanks in advance!
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
Which RGs in particular are pretty good?
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
Quote by crazy8rgood
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

Since you want cleans, I'm guessing you want a passive pickup?

There are many brands that fit your requirements, like Ibanez, Jackson, and ESP. ESP not so much, as most of their guitars have EMG's.

What shape do you like?
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Since you want cleans, I'm guessing you want a passive pickup?

There are many brands that fit your requirements, like Ibanez, Jackson, and ESP. ESP not so much, as most of their guitars have EMG's.

What shape do you like?

Cleans aren't that big of a deal for me. Actives would probably be preferred overall. I like most shapes, I can't say I have too much of a favorite. I'd prefer a non-radically styled guitar, e.g. Kellys, B.C. Riches, etc. Also a double-cut guitar would be nice, since I've already got an LP.
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
Quote by crazy8rgood
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

Quote by Synyster915
Cleans aren't that big of a deal for me. Actives would probably be preferred overall. I like most shapes, I can't say I have too much of a favorite. I'd prefer a non-radically styled guitar, e.g. Kellys, B.C. Riches, etc. Also a double-cut guitar would be nice, since I've already got an LP.
Then check out ESP. I personally think they specialize in guitars with actives.

Some guitars you may like would be the EC series or the MH series.
Check out Hallmark's guitars. Yum. They make some Mosrite style guitars among others, Their price points for the Mosrite style guitars is a little over your price but they all come with hardshell cases. Several of their Mosrite style guitars aren't available yet but I think they'll be out by December.

www.hallmarkguitars.com

Here are links to their not yet released models you may be interested in. They are copies of the Mosrite Mk. II which Johnny Ramone played. One is blue, One is white. They also do custom orders for an upcharge.

Sheena model

http://www.mosriteforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1777

Road To Ruin model

http://www.mosriteforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1779
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.