Jesus, listening to their debut for the first time in ages and this is some truly amazing music. No idea how it took so long for this to sink in.

Discuss this awesome band.

EDIT: oh and...

TRANSATLANTIC’S THE WHIRLWIND

Coming in October!!

TRANSATLANTIC – the Progressive Rock Supergroup featuring DREAM THEATER’s Mike Portnoy, MARILLION’s Pete Trewavas, THE FLOWER KINGS’ Roine Stolt and Neal Morse (Ex-SPOCK’S BEARD) – will release their long-awaited third album in October 2009.

THE WHIRLWIND is a 77-minute piece of music that is sure to satisfy the band’s legions of fans that have patiently waited almost the entire decade for the reunion of these 4 musicians.

THE WHIRLWIND will be available in two formats:

A Regular Edition Single CD of the entire 77 minute Epic as well as a 2-CD Special Edition containing a Bonus Disc with 8 newly recorded Studio Tracks.

(4 new Transatlantic compositions and 4 Cover Songs)

The Track Listing for the Special Edition is:

Disc One:

THE WHIRLWIND

Disc Two:

1. SPINNING

2. LENNY JOHNSON

3. FOR SUCH A TIME

4. LENDING A HAND

5. THE RETURN OF THE GIANT HOGWEED (Genesis)

6. A SALTY DOG (Procol Harum)

7. I NEED YOU (America / The Beatles)

8. SOUL SACRIFICE (Santana)

TRANSATLANTIC’S THE WHIRLWIND is currently scheduled for the following release dates:

October 23rd 2009: Germany, Austria, Switzerland

October 26th 2009: Europe

October 27th 2009: North America

77 minutes!
Last edited by leeb rocks at Sep 5, 2009,
great band, but unfortunately i seem to have lost their CD's and i never uploaded them to my comp so i haven't listened to them in a long long time. oh how i miss SMPT:e and bridge across forever...
I cant wait for it
"Guitars are toys for me, too much fun all the time."-Paul Gilbert

Gear:
Homemade Mahogany Guitar with SD humbuckers
Carvin Legacy VL100 Head
Carvin Legacy 2x12 Cab with V30s
Line 6 Pod X3
any ideas of what the whirlwind is about??
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
any ideas of what the whirlwind is about??

Nope.

I've only got the album SMPT:e an absolute amazing album though. Interested to see what this 77 masterpiece turns out like.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Just got it.
BEST ALBUM I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY ****ING LIFE
I couldn't believe this piece of music was written by humans no different than you and I!
Bit dissapointed with the new album, up until 'dancing with eternal glory'. Holy shit this is amazing stuff.