Or Tremolo picking..not sure what one. Anyways, I've been playing a lot of or well trying to play a lot of metal songs and what not. I got palm muting and most of the main components to playing the average metal song...i guess but the one thing I really love to do is to pick really fast Alt pick or tremolo..not sure what one it is or both the same Most the the songs i try to learn have little or no "fast parts" and was wondering if anybody could recommend some songs with fairly fast speed in them. The only songs I got are Raining Blood and 2 others with like 30 seconds of it. COuld anyone recommend me some songs that have a lot of it through out the song.
Gamertag: ThruEyesOfDeath
Games: CoD4, GoW2, RB2, MW2
trapped under ice!
The verse is kind of constant fast picking.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
trapped under ice!
The verse is kind of constant fast picking.
...Dyer's Eve?

Basically any Slayer, some Megadeth, some Metallica.

And check out Death. Most of their songs have fast trem. picking.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Sep 5, 2009,
Quote by Tri-Bit
Or Tremolo picking..not sure what one. Anyways, I've been playing a lot of or well trying to play a lot of metal songs and what not. I got palm muting and most of the main components to playing the average metal song...i guess but the one thing I really love to do is to pick really fast Alt pick or tremolo..not sure what one it is or both the same Most the the songs i try to learn have little or no "fast parts" and was wondering if anybody could recommend some songs with fairly fast speed in them. The only songs I got are Raining Blood and 2 others with like 30 seconds of it. COuld anyone recommend me some songs that have a lot of it through out the song.

try checking out Iced Earth's "Dante's Inferno". You'll get some cool rythm riffings from there
Whiplash is pretty tasty for quick picking. Good if you're in a band too, great song to do live
Quote by Rocker007
Blackrat has won this thread. That is an awsome post.

This was posted right after I posted said post in a completely different thread... Whups.

"There are 3 types of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't."
Old Death songs. The new ones has lots too, but the old ones has the most.
Infernal Death, Zombie Ritual, Mutilation, Baptized in Blood.
Check them out.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by DimeLvR
Lamb of god - Set to fail

Uh, no..., not really.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Fight Fire With Fire - Metallica. Angel of Death - Slayer. Alot of Cannibal Corpse. If you can actually tell when there is a riff and not just a recording of a truck driver after an indian meal
Quote by oneblackened
Uh, no..., not really.

OK I hear some but how bout, Opeth - the moor
Last edited by DimeLvR at Sep 5, 2009,
Quote by DimeLvR
OK I hear some but how bout, Opeth - the moor

No way boy, get your facts straight.
Knights Of Cydonia - Muse maybe

*puts up shield* TTFAF - Dragonforce
Last edited by Noob Shrederr at Sep 5, 2009,
Heaven Shall Burn does tons of tremolo some alt picking as well...
The Only Truth and Voice of the voiceless are reeeeally fun songs to play
black metal is pretty much all tremolo picking
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Quote by littlephil
Most Paul Gilbert songs.

+1

If you want to improve your alternate picking, just about any song off get out of my yard will do it. I recommend Curse of the Castle Dragon (there is one speed lick in there that alternates between two strings that sounds AWESOME that will really build your picking technique) and Straight through the telephone pole when paul goes into the funky section...........

Ah, what the hell, any Paul Gilbert tune!!!!! What's better anyway!
through the fire and the flames?
Guitar
Ibanez - S5470F
Epiphone - Les Paul Black Beauty
Line 6 - Spider II 210 - deceased :/
Blackstar HT studio 20
Farida D-8

Bass
Fender MIM Jazz
Ashdown ABM C115T-500 EVO II