Page 1 of 2
Okay everyone, check this out.

I have tickets to go the Dethklok/Mastodon concert

Normally I go to concerts with my buddies and such, and my aunt as well (Not those lame aunts, I mean a 24 year old aunt that listens to Nevermore and such). This concert thought, will be very different for two reasons.

My girlfriends parents have stopped being so anal and are letting her go. This will be her first concert (Other than Def Leppard, but she was with her parents). Naturally, I assumed my aunt could go, but it turns out she can't go that day.

Now, the only reason my GF was allowed to go was because my aunt would be there. Since my aunt is going though, she wouldn't be allowed. I already spent the almost $100 for the three tickets, so I'm not about to just give up.

I came up with a plan at the last minute. I asked my dad to go.

He surprisingly said yes.

Now, I thought "What could be cooler than going to a concert with my GF and dad?" One of my friends jokingly said "Going with your grandpa," and the other said that going with my dad would be stupid.

So tell me Pit, do you think that this would be Epic, or fail? (Or Epic Fail, because I know someone is going to say it )

tl;dr: Me, my GF, and my dad are going to see Dethklok and Mastodon. Epic, or no?
There's no reason why that wouldn't be if your dad isn't one of those strict parents everybody hates.
Where are you seeing them? We may meet...
Death to all robots.

"Somebody set up us the bomb."
You're going to see Dethklok and Mastodan, who cares who you are going with.
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
it is neither epic or fail.

You are going to concert with your GF and your dad....

However, if on he way back from the concert, the car breaks down, and ye need to bunk in a hotel, and it turns out your GF has a penis bigger than your dads, then that is epic
one of my friends sees concerts with his dad all the time. The dad's cool; he likes everything from judas priest and van halen to creedence clear water revival and stevie ray vaughan, so they have similar music tastes.

It's a great way for them to bond. I wish my dad had similar music tastes to me so that we could go to concerts like that. Consider yourself lucky!
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Quote by Awokmyweewok
Where are you seeing them? We may meet...

Columbus, Ohio, at the LC Pavilion.

Quote by Tag43
Sure, why not. I mean, he sounds cool if he likes listening to those kinds of bands.

Well, he's not into growling, but I played him a few of Mastodons songs off Crack the Skye and he really liked them.

Quote by jimmy_neutron
it is neither epic or fail.

You are going to concert with your GF and your dad....

However, if on he way back from the concert, the car breaks down, and ye need to bunk in a hotel, and it turns out your GF has a penis bigger than your dads, then that is epic

That's creepy...
Last edited by SMB13 at Sep 5, 2009,
Dethklok and Mastodon playing a gig together?

I hate you with all my soul.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by SMB13
Okay everyone, check this out.

I have tickets to go the Dethklok/Mastodon concert

Fail.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
I've been to a fair few gigs with my dad, and there's nothing wrong with it if he's going because he actually likes the bands. If he just wants to keep an eye on you, not so cool
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by CoreysMonster
*slaps*

Whatever happened to your slap picture?

I swear to god I almost pissed myself everytime I saw it, the visual was hilarious.

On topic, TS, thats ****ing amazing.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

If you're cool with it, it's totally okay. I'd never bring my dad to a rock concert, but he's 62 so what the **** do ya want? Lol. Anyways, yeah if he's cool, go ahead man, have a good time.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by valennic
Whatever happened to your slap picture?

I swear to god I almost pissed myself everytime I saw it, the visual was hilarious.

On topic, TS, thats ****ing amazing.

I was too lazy to open photobucket for the link
sounds like a plan. if you work it right, you can probably watch from two different locations, giving you some privacy. Ok, not privacy, but at least away from your dad
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Yeah, my dad wouldn't bother us. He's just going so we could go. He wouldn't "keep and eye on us" like someone said earlier. He's just being nice. He'll most likely sit in the balcony seats while we hit the mosh.

Hell, he lets us shut my door when she's over back in my room
My Dad doesn't like Metal, and he likes some Rock, before, he took me to gigs because even though he doesn't like the music he's awesome. Now however, I'm starting to be allowed to go to concerts with just mates, as opposed to my Dad, but after listening to some of my music, my Dad is willingly going to see Machine Head with me next February, and to Five Finger Death Punch with me in November, even though I'd be allowed to go anyway. Now Personally I think my Dad's awesome, first for taking me to gigs he wouldn't like (although he enjoyed most of them) then for going to gigs I'd love to go to willingly.
Quote by CoreysMonster
epic.

dude, it's your dad. how can that not be cool? I wish MY dad would go to concerts with me.

werd, yea man ths ****in epic i wish my parents listened to my music
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
I've seen Walter Trout 3 times with my Dad and once with my GF also. Also we've seen Satriani twice together. Going to do Trout again with Dad n GF in october. It's awesome. So long as your Dad is cool with that, and won't basically do anything to stop you enjoying the gig it's all cool.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by gingerface
Go with your grandad.

That's what one of my friends said
I want to see Dethklok....

And Mastodon
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Its epic.

Me and my dad go to concerts all the time together. We're seeing Metallica in like a week or two
Quote by SMB13
Not those lame aunts, I mean a 24 year old aunt that listens to Nevermore and such

my aunts 52 and she listens to stuff way harder than Nevermore
My dad goes to almost every concert with me. He's going to the Mars Volta with me on Tuesday.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Ive never been to a concert (was going to see Slipknot, but they cancelled and didn't reschedule Salt Lake ) but I'd say if he likes the music than it shouldn't be an epic fail.
Page 1 of 2