Page 1 of 3
FOR FANS OF EXTREME METAL ONLY!!!

I am starting up a new online band in the style of Swedish metal monsters like Meshuggah, In Flames and the awesome Pantera. My main part in this band will be programing the drums and rhythm guitar.

If this gets started and we record some songs that get finished, there may even be some money involved in this, if some songs can get sold or a whole albums worth of songs gets finished, that could be sold.

This is going to be taken seriously by me, so I really don't want no time wasters to post on here who will not actually join or who aren't interested in joining.

Musicians that are needed -

Vocalist - STABxYOU/Angelfix
Lead Guitarist - user_nameless
Rhythm Guitarist - Muckypup
Rhythm Guitarist -
Clean Guitars - Gh057
Bassist - MetalBass 77
Synths, Ambient synth - Ulalume
Drums - Muckypup

If you want to join as lead guitarist, you must be able to play highly technical stuff, and record with a good, clear guitar sound using software, as software is easier to use than real amps.

If you are joining as vocalist, you must be able to roar, grunt, scream and shout. And record good quality recordings. I don't think clean singing will be making its way into this music.

I will be doing the main rhythm guitar that I am able to but a proper technical rhythm guitarist who can play fast polyrhythmic metal would be awesome. Again, you must be able to record with a good quality sound.

A good bassist would be good as well, but you must be able to record good quality sounds.

Take a look at my band profile called The Noise, its at the bottom of my own profile, to see what I count as a good quality sound. If you can get this sound or better, then you should post here!

Here is a link to The Noise band profile - http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/thenoise/

The stuff on that band profile is nothing like this music will be though, the music on that band profile is tame compared to what this beast will be like.

If you are interested in joining or have questions, email me at vai@usa.com or PM me, I check this a lot and will always answer.
Last edited by muckypup at Oct 5, 2009,
I'd be interested in doing vocals. I've tried to the online band thing before and it's never really worked out, but I'd to at least try one band that isn't just me.

Personally, I'd be a little more interested in more brutal death metal then melodeath, but after there's a full line up we can maybe negotiate the 'final' direction then.

Are you familar with Suffocation, Dying Fetus or Cattle Decapitation?
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I should have said more influences in my first post. Death metal will be more of the style than proper extreme metal. So do you want to do more classic death metal like Death or Morbid Angel or modern death metal like Cattle Decapitation?

Once there are a few more members we can decide what we will do.

ALSO, I was thinking maybe song ideas should be sent to each other in Guitar Pro files? That way each member can add their own ideas and parts, like I might write a rhythm guitar track and drum track, then send it on to the lead guitarist to write their track.
that shounds awesome man.
i can play good rhythm. i need to put up sum samples and stuff though first. also got a pretty good recording rig aswell.
my influences are wide, but im into alot of oldschool death metal, ie morbid angel, deicide, forbidden, death.
so yh id be intrstd to play rhythm.
Quote by VIO-LENT
that shounds awesome man.
i can play good rhythm. i need to put up sum samples and stuff though first. also got a pretty good recording rig aswell.
my influences are wide, but im into alot of oldschool death metal, ie morbid angel, deicide, forbidden, death.
so yh id be intrstd to play rhythm.

You sound like a good rhythm player from your influences dude, put some samples up and we will se if you can join dude!
Quote by muckypup
I should have said more influences in my first post. Death metal will be more of the style than proper extreme metal. So do you want to do more classic death metal like Death or Morbid Angel or modern death metal like Cattle Decapitation?

I'm not too big on old school death metal, but some death metal bands I'm big on are Cannibal Corpse (esp. TotM era), Cryptopsy (around None So Vile), Suffocation, Rotting, Skinless, Mortician, Vomit Remnants, Cattle Decapitation and Dying Fetus (except their sweep parts bore me...).

I'm not sure what you mean by 'proper extreme metal', extreme metal is just a catch-all term for black metal, death metal and some thrash metal, it's not a very well defined or meaningful term. But, I'm more interested in brutal death metal and deathgrind then in melodic death metal or old school death metal or deathcore. Then again, I'm not that afraid of mixing influences, or operating out of my comfort zone, so I'm curious to see the direction this takes, and if the songs are good I'll probably be interested, even if it's not quite my favourite sub-genre of death metal.

I've actually got a couple of death metal oriented songs written and I don't want them to go to waste, but they don't fit my main project's more crust/skramz/grindcore feel.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Last edited by STABxYOU at Sep 6, 2009,
Quote by muckypup
Do you have them recorded? Or are they just written? I was thinking that ideas for songs for this band could be written with guitar pro tabs so each member gets to write their own parts.

i might be interested to play some bass. i have a 6 string ibanez, but its a bit of a shorter scale so i couldn't do anything lower than drop A. id really prefer to play in either B standard or maybe D standard on my fretless bass. for some of my "chops" you can check my soundclick profile, but if you want i will record a demo track of me just playing some stuff. As for tone, i can get pretty much John cambells bass sound from lamb of god (dont listen to em much but i saw a video with just the bass) but i also own guitar rig 3, and im going to try micing up my Bass amp ( i got a really meaty audible tone outta my hartke B200) I also own guitar pro 5 for exchanging of files. I know you said you wanted to program drums, but if you need help i could do a bit o' programming. also i own superior drummer 2.0 so when your done programming you can send them to me and well get some killer results. also i play fingerstyle.

EDIT: recorded a quick DI track, pm me for the mp3. tommorow i will try amping up my bass amp.
Last edited by MetalBass 77 at Sep 6, 2009,
Quote by muckypup
Do you have them recorded? Or are they just written? I was thinking that ideas for songs for this band could be written with guitar pro tabs so each member gets to write their own parts.

Just written, just lyrics.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Quote by MetalBass 77
i might be interested to play some bass. i have a 6 string ibanez, but its a bit of a shorter scale so i couldn't do anything lower than drop A. id really prefer to play in either B standard or maybe D standard on my fretless bass. for some of my "chops" you can check my soundclick profile, but if you want i will record a demo track of me just playing some stuff. As for tone, i can get pretty much John cambells bass sound from lamb of god (dont listen to em much but i saw a video with just the bass) but i also own guitar rig 3, and im going to try micing up my Bass amp ( i got a really meaty audible tone outta my hartke B200) I also own guitar pro 5 for exchanging of files. I know you said you wanted to program drums, but if you need help i could do a bit o' programming. also i own superior drummer 2.0 so when your done programming you can send them to me and well get some killer results. also i play fingerstyle.

EDIT: recorded a quick DI track, pm me for the mp3. tommorow i will try amping up my bass amp.

Dude, you sound like you would be an awesome member, one I have the band profile up, I will add you as the bass player.
Quote by muckypup
You should download the demo of Guitar Pro or the full version of TuxGuitar and write some songs with them. Write guitar, bass and drum tracks and we can see what ideas we can come up with dude.

I have Tux Guitar, just never learned to use it.
I can use Anvil Studio and compose in midi though, Tux and GP and Power Tab all open midis.

And, same as Mucky posted, some influences

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HI8ta-ShU4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBtHnWb3G3c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvsMAteWANQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y5Tqgf8_jM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aKFj0xcvLg
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Last edited by STABxYOU at Sep 7, 2009,
i gues ill post some DM stuff i like. Let it be known im really more into prog, so some of the stuff may be more mainstream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDU3f7lbTdU&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rKOZewwNKc&feature=related
dont know if youd call this tech metal or DM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mesr2siegRg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmFLcAraMi0&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfdfGUT8QUE

i also like cynic and atheist, but theyre not too high on the "brootalzz" list. Opeth is one of my all time favorite bands, but once again more melodic and acoustic than brutal.

also to muckypup thats actually a bit of a crappy take. will see much better when we get some songs down.

EDIT: haha completely forgot to add death, although i shouldnt have to list them, every metalhead should love Death I also like Pestilence's spheres album. there new stuff is kinda compared to spheres.
Last edited by MetalBass 77 at Sep 7, 2009,
Quote by MetalBass 77
i gues ill post some DM stuff i like. Let it be known im really more into prog, so some of the stuff may be more mainstream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDU3f7lbTdU&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rKOZewwNKc&feature=related
dont know if youd call this tech metal or DM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mesr2siegRg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmFLcAraMi0&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfdfGUT8QUE

i also like cynic and atheist, but theyre not too high on the "brootalzz" list. Opeth is one of my all time favorite bands, but once again more melodic and acoustic than brutal.

also to muckypup thats actually a bit of a crappy take. will see much better when we get some songs down.

EDIT: haha completely forgot to add death, although i shouldnt have to list them, every metalhead should love Death I also like Pestilence's spheres album. there new stuff is kinda compared to spheres.

I prefer the old Death albums like Scream Bloody Gore and Leprosy. Also, thats cool about liking lots of prog music, that could add more calm parts and atmospheric sound to this.
Quote by muckypup
I prefer the old Death albums like Scream Bloody Gore and Leprosy. Also, thats cool about liking lots of prog music, that could add more calm parts and atmospheric sound to this.

i like Death from "human" and on. I never gave much of a listen to their first two albums, although what ive heard is still pretty good, i love the odd time sigs and compositions on their proggier stuff tho. so hows the members coming along? whos on board?
Quote by muckypup
Well you are bass player now, there might be a singer and maybe a lead guitarist. I'm still waiting for more posts though and samples.

you talk to the guy that wanted to do vocals? also what tuning we using for guitars. preferably id like to stay in b standard (you got a 7 string right) also since i have guitar rig,reaper, and krk rokit 5's could i do the mixing and production? for your tone you can jsut send me the preset and your di tracks.
Last edited by MetalBass 77 at Sep 8, 2009,
Quote by MetalBass 77
you talk to the guy that wanted to do vocals? also what tuning we using for guitars. preferably id like to stay in b standard (you got a 7 string right) also since i have guitar rig,reaper, and krk rokit 5's could i do the mixing and production? for your tone you can jsut send me the preset and your di tracks.

I don't actually have a 7 string but have my 6 string set up as one, with a set of 56 strings and tuned down to B.
Quote by muckypup
Also, about you doing the mixing, that could be tried I suppose dude. I have Reaper, Ableton Live 7 and Cubase SX3 as well. I will send you some presets soon dude and DI tracks for you to mess around with, but there will be a lot, I quad-track everything I do.

4 guitar tracks aint too bad too send. i suggest you use an upload site to put up wav's, dont want mp3's bringing our quality down. also id prefer to use my software as i believe yours is *cough* aquired *cough* and if we ever want to put up our music for sale id want to use legit software. dig? plus i have krk rokit 5's which are quite good quality monitors.
Quote by MetalBass 77
4 guitar tracks aint too bad too send. i suggest you use an upload site to put up wav's, dont want mp3's bringing our quality down. also id prefer to use my software as i believe yours is *cough* aquired *cough* and if we ever want to put up our music for sale id want to use legit software. dig? plus i have krk rokit 5's which are quite good quality monitors.

I suppose that because my software was *cough* aquired *cough* we should use yours dude. I want everything to be in wab files from all the members, It needs to stay high quality if it will ever get sold.

Well I got an email from some dude today who says he can scream like Devil Driver, Slipknot, Cannibal Corpse and those types of bands. He will send me some samples later today. So that could be the perfect singer for this.
Quote by muckypup
Yeah you are needed dude, I still don't have a singer yet, you are the singer at the moment dude.

Quick update guys, school has jsut started and the teachers are freaking packing on the homework, so i may not be on too much the next couple weeks until things cool down. So stabxyou you got any samples coming along? I think this will be a pretty cool project to work on. also jsut to be sure were all inputting through sound cards right? not onboard soundcards
Quote by muckypup
Yeah you are needed dude, I still don't have a singer yet, you are the singer at the moment dude.

Ohh, haha, I thought you were going for the other guy.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Quote by MetalBass 77
Quick update guys, school has jsut started and the teachers are freaking packing on the homework, so i may not be on too much the next couple weeks until things cool down. So stabxyou you got any samples coming along? I think this will be a pretty cool project to work on. also jsut to be sure were all inputting through sound cards right? not onboard soundcards

Do you mean are we all recording with interfaces? Well I can't afford one at the moment so I use my digitech RP55 set to bypass as an interface to make the signal louder and then I plug that straight into the line in input. This sounds as good as any interface would, it just means a couple more cables are around me.
Quote by muckypup
Do you mean are we all recording with interfaces? Well I can't afford one at the moment so I use my digitech RP55 set to bypass as an interface to make the signal louder and then I plug that straight into the line in input. This sounds as good as any interface would, it just means a couple more cables are around me.

i did hear that one song you made and it sounded quite good, so i guess that'll be fine. also stab how you recording your parts and what microphone you using? if your results are decent enough i really dont care much, but could you send me a link of a sample of your work?mucky pup apparently got to it somehow
Quote by MetalBass 77
i did hear that one song you made and it sounded quite good, so i guess that'll be fine. also stab how you recording your parts and what microphone you using? if your results are decent enough i really dont care much, but could you send me a link of a sample of your work?mucky pup apparently got to it somehow

Check profile. ^.~

I have a couple of cheap mics and a pocket POD, and a USB condenser mic.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Quote by MetalBass 77
could you use the ocndenser usb mic because some of your samples sound distorted and kind of cheap, no offense.

I got the cheap mics so I could get a lofi sound.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Quote by MetalBass 77
cool, im assuming the condenser is of decent quality? not 1,000,000 studio quality but enough that it will soudn pleasing?

The clip of me singing Phobophile is the sort of quality it gives.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Page 1 of 3