Hi,

Currently, I've got Guitar Rig for recordings. I know its not the best, but it works perfect for me, and up until last week its done everything I've wanted it to do. My question is this: I'm looking for some kind of program where I can take multiple tracks I've recorded on Guitar Rig and kind of layer them all together.

Doing this on Guitar Rig is a little frustrating because I know thats not what its really meant to do, and I figured there has got to be some kind of software out there that can help me do it better.

Also, this isn't really as important, but I'm wondering if there is some kind of program to make backing drum tracks, to use with my recordings. I'm hoping most, if not everything will be free programs, but I'm willing to pay if its actually worth it. Thanks and sorry if my question is confusing to anyone, I'd appreciate any help I can get.
Quote by lazyGuitarist88
Hi,

Currently, I've got Guitar Rig for recordings. I know its not the best, but it works perfect for me, and up until last week its done everything I've wanted it to do. My question is this: I'm looking for some kind of program where I can take multiple tracks I've recorded on Guitar Rig and kind of layer them all together.

Doing this on Guitar Rig is a little frustrating because I know thats not what its really meant to do, and I figured there has got to be some kind of software out there that can help me do it better.

Also, this isn't really as important, but I'm wondering if there is some kind of program to make backing drum tracks, to use with my recordings. I'm hoping most, if not everything will be free programs, but I'm willing to pay if its actually worth it. Thanks and sorry if my question is confusing to anyone, I'd appreciate any help I can get.

alright you have a few options. you can use a free audio program such as audacity to layer your tracks. a much better software is something called reaper. it has a fully functional 30 day free trial and it only costs 60$. as for drums if you go to my youtube profile (link in my sig) i show you how to get free drums for use in reaper (totally legal)
the video is called free drum sampler tutorial and its in 2 parts. hope this helps
Thanks MetalBass_77, I'm going to try out what you suggested today, hopefully they'll do what I'm needing.
MetalBass_77, your suggestion works, the drum sampler is pretty cool. Judging by your videos, you seem to know your way around Reaper, so I'd really appreciate it if you could answer just one more question of mine. I've created a few tracks in Guitar Rig, and they're all wav. files (Dont know if this matters?). How do I get the tracks that I've created off of Guitar Rig onto Reaper. I've tried looking on google for it but I can't seem to find my answer, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get them onto Reaper. Thanks
Quote by lazyGuitarist88
MetalBass_77, your suggestion works, the drum sampler is pretty cool. Judging by your videos, you seem to know your way around Reaper, so I'd really appreciate it if you could answer just one more question of mine. I've created a few tracks in Guitar Rig, and they're all wav. files (Dont know if this matters?). How do I get the tracks that I've created off of Guitar Rig onto Reaper. I've tried looking on google for it but I can't seem to find my answer, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get them onto Reaper. Thanks

you can either drag the wav file into reaper or you can go to the insert tab (at the top of the page) and selsect insert media file. also unless you recorded to a click track, your going to need to re record your guitar parts to a metronome. to activiate the metronome, go to the options tab. then press metronome and pre-roll settings. Check enable metronome and count in before recording. you also may want to raise your metronome volume. to edit your tempo, in the middle of the screen with the line with pause,stop,record......etc. torwards the right you'll see BPM. adjust the BPM accordingly to what you want.
Open reaper, create a few new tracks (Ctrl-T).

Open the folder with the wavs, drag and drop onto tracks.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
I legally own Guitar Rig and if you try a free software amp simulator, it's a huge upgrade in quality.

BTW, Guitar Rig 4 is soon comming (Oct 1.), going to check that out.