Ive heard Taylor's 100 and 200 guitars are not worth it. However i played this guitar at GC yesterday and was really impressed. The Action was amazing and the sound was right on. Its on sale for the holiday weekend for $750

any reviews, thoughts or opinions concerning this ?
People wll tell you that you can do better for the price because the 100 and 200 series are laminate side and back guitars. But solid wood isnt always better because better is relative to your ear. Structurally, sound wise, electronically, set up wise, there is nothing wrong with the 100 or 200 series. Great guitars with a great Taylor sound and yes, that buttery Taylor action as well. Dont think its junk because its not all solid wood, some people are just silly when it comes to that. If you feel that the action was amazing and the sound was right on, then go for it. of course, it wouldnt hurt to try out other things. I recommend it actually, despite my love of all things Taylor

I can almost guarantee you, though, that in that price range its very likely that after trying out other guitars you will come back to the Taylor and know that its the one.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Some will tell you that you can do better, some will say they didn't like, but in the end, it's all subjective. Yes, at this price, you can find some guitars with all solid wood (I think?), but if you don't like it, then what's the point? I say if you like it, then go for it; However, don't let it be the only thing that you try out, because you might find something else that you love even more.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Quote by clayonfire
Some will tell you that you can do better, some will say they didn't like, but in the end, it's all subjective. Yes, at this price, you can find some guitars with all solid wood (I think?), but if you don't like it, then what's the point? I say if you like it, then go for it; However, don't let it be the only thing that you try out, because you might find something else that you love even more.

Summed up quite nicely. You can do better in terms of materials and bang for your buck, but if you like the guitar then what else really matters? Guitars are about PERSONAL preference. The build quality on all Taylors are actually quite good/consistent because they use a lot of machines to get the precision.

Personally, I hate the 100 and 200 series with a passion because my friend's 114ce sounds absolutely horrid. Plugged in, it sounds like someone killing a cat with a blunt object and has a LOT of piezo quack. Acoustically, it has a one dimensional sound with absolutely no depth... Or bass.

Then again, I compare the sounds of any guitar I play to my Martin D-16RGT(dreadnought and rosewood side/back), which is very full and rich sounding.

Really, take what you read from reviews to heart, but don't weight it as high as your own personal experience with the guitar. If you like it then all the more power to you.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by Bright Light
People wll tell you that you can do better for the price because the 100 and 200 series are laminate side and back guitars. But solid wood isnt always better because better is relative to your ear. Structurally, sound wise, electronically, set up wise, there is nothing wrong with the 100 or 200 series. Great guitars with a great Taylor sound and yes, that buttery Taylor action as well. Dont think its junk because its not all solid wood, some people are just silly when it comes to that. If you feel that the action was amazing and the sound was right on, then go for it. of course, it wouldnt hurt to try out other things. I recommend it actually, despite my love of all things Taylor

I can almost guarantee you, though, that in that price range its very likely that after trying out other guitars you will come back to the Taylor and know that its the one.

Hey! I'm silly like that.

But all in all, the 214ce's that ive played are pretty nice. nothing compared to my Larrivee... but then again I am silly for solid woods...
Where the hell did slide guitar go!?!
Quote by Srgt. Pepper
Hey! I'm silly like that.

But all in all, the 214ce's that ive played are pretty nice. nothing compared to my Larrivee... but then again I am silly for solid woods...

I didnt mean anything by that statement lol. Im deffinitely a solid wood guy as well(even though my Walden is laminate b/s ). pullin the trigger on a 614ce in honeybrown soon

I just didnt want the TS to think the guitar isnt worth it just because its laminate. and he did say he liked the sound. some people even like the sound of composite fiber guitars, which I dont understand at all. I was just trying not to sound too biased to the TS is all.

Dr. Z Stangray
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
^ Carbon Fibre guitars actually do sound pretty good. Different from the norm, but it has it's uses.
Equipment:

300 series + on taylors is when they got good
the 100 and 200 are nothing compared to em

i would say save up/check on ebay
got my 314ce for 1g back in theday
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
Quote by captivate
^ Carbon Fibre guitars actually do sound pretty good. Different from the norm, but it has it's uses.

Im not a fan, but you're right about it having its uses. Which was my original point about subjectiveness and the personal choice and preferences when buying a guitar.

I havent played any plugged in. how do they fare when plugged in with either a UST of some kind or a magnetic pickup+SBT combo type setup?

I'll bet not having to worry about humidity issues is nice about them at least

Dr. Z Stangray
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
They fare about the same in terms of the usual problems that pickups can have(e.g. piezo quack, etc.). The method of amplification isn't any different from normal guitars.

The durability is far superior to any wooden guitar. You can literally take it from -20C to 30C and it'll do just fine. The tuning might go, but structurally there would be no problems at all. It's quite amazing.
Equipment: