Greetings, fellow metalheads \,,/-^.^-\,,/

I guess by now your already blown away by that awesome smiley. But more awesomeness is to come. *nods impressively*

First of all, yes. It is true. I listen to metalcore. BUT (!) my guitar now is kind of crappy.. and this makes me sad.

Being a metalhead, but owning a crappy guitar is lame. It's like, what if Parkway Drive suddenly went on a world tour with The Jonas Brothers? hm? how would that make you feel? (In this enalogy I am Parkway Drive, and my guitar is The Jonas Brothers.)

So, if you don't wanna see The Jonas Brothers on stage with Parkway Drive at a festival near you... tell me what to buy.

I want an electric guitar.. and probably a new amp.

My price-range for the guitar alone is US $ 700-1300 (depending on how much the guitar kicks ass compared to it's price).

I listen to (and if this isn't metalcore, forgive me.. I'm not good with subgenres):

Parkway drive
In flames
-ish music.

and Jack Johnson.

Thanks! <3

(is it uncool to have a heart at the end? =o)
What amp do you have?

Can you go used?

Look at ESP, Ibanez, or Jackson. Great guitars for any heavy genre.
Quote by guitar dreamer
Greetings, fellow metalheads \,,/-^.^-\,,/

I guess by now your already blown away by that awesome smiley. But more awesomeness is to come. *nods impressively*

First of all, yes. It is true. I listen to metalcore. BUT (!) my guitar now is kind of crappy.. and this makes me sad.

Being a metalhead,
but owning a crappy guitar is lame. It's like, what if Parkway Drive suddenly went on a world tour with The Jonas Brothers? hm? how would that make you feel? (In this enalogy I am Parkway Drive, and my guitar is The Jonas Brothers.)

does not compute
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
What amp do you have?

Can you go used?

Look at ESP, Ibanez, or Jackson. Great guitars for any heavy genre.

This, and look into Schecter.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
any specific hardware, or materials you want used? Anything aesthetically that turns you on?
Ya, i definately wouldn't mind buying a used guitar. and i've looked at a schecter in the store. seemed good for it's price. but i don't wanna have to change guitar for a while, so i wanna get this right, and make sure it's quality =)

my amp now is a peavey something.. got it with my current guitar like in a "starters kit" kind of thing ;P

thanks
hm hellraiser.. sounds intruiging :O will check that out!

"Anything aesthetically that turns you on?" haha what doesn't... um but no, seriously i don't care tooooo much about looks tbh. just not pink and fluffy. tho that does kind of turn me on.. hm....

keep 'em coming! =)
Quote by Oosh.

Hey, you have the same acoustic guitar as me!

Ok anyway. Take a look at some hardtail Ibanez RG's like the RGT6EXFX. Schecter C-1 Hellraiser is good too.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Last edited by falconthefirst at Sep 5, 2009,
Quote by guitar dreamer
Ya, i definately wouldn't mind buying a used guitar. and i've looked at a schecter in the store. seemed good for it's price. but i don't wanna have to change guitar for a while, so i wanna get this right, and make sure it's quality =)

my amp now is a peavey something.. got it with my current guitar like in a "starters kit" kind of thing ;P
thanks

Therefore you should get a new amp otherwise your nice new guitar will sound like crap anyway.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
I've never had an issue with the quality of a schecter, but I'm biased, I'd just try out every guitar in your price range.
Quote by Oosh.
Therefore you should get a new amp otherwise your nice new guitar will sound like crap anyway.

agreed, good amp is a must.
Quote by robarge00
I've never had an issue with the quality of a schecter, but I'm biased, I'd just try out every guitar in your price range.

I second this, it doesn't seem like you want anything too specific, other than build quality, which if your spending over 700$ on a guitar you shouldn't have any issue at all with that.
Ok so i'm looking for a new amp aswell.

well i've been past the guitar store a couple of times. and i can hear what i think sounds better when i compare some guitars. but apart from that, i'm not really sure what to look for.

i'll be checking out all these suggestions tho, thanks
Yoo. dood me and my Band play metalcore. but its more like a "as i lay dying" kind of hardcore.
we have several diffrent guitar

try these

My guitar. Peavey generation Series.
mine looks exactly like this but with peavey Active pickups. and i switched to a mahogany neck and elixir strings.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2601/3753802976_b063ae8b35.jpg?v=0

My Lead guitarist owns a fender telecaster with custom rebel Flag paint on his. Duncan pickups.

also have a Jackson kelly 3 that i just orderd and should be here pretty soon.
http://www.deliriumendeavor.net/photos/jackson_kelly_custom_usa_big.jpg

Ima mod the hell out of it.

are amp set ups consist of a crate gx 900h which can be found for like 500 or less on craigs list and other places. its a very good amp sounds clean just right for that metal feeling it has 2 drives so you get double for one amp.
peavey stack.

we also have a line 6 hd150 head and spider 3 stack. which is okay but it comes with presets for your EQ so its a nice thing for live shows if you play local or just fun in band practice if your a beginning band

Pedals : we have 2 zoom 606's. which are a TREMENDOUS help when you cant find the sound your looking for you switch on those babys and they have SOO many presets for 200 or less.

i am rythem and i use
Boss ME-70 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal 500$. its hard to get use to but once you get use to it you can do so much with it with like tap dancing to get a certain sound.

hope i helped any.
also if your looking for a Really clean sounding guitar for your metalcore.
check out shecter guitar hellraiser series is amazing with that kind of stuff.
but mostly upgrade your amp and you should get a good sound..

and no.. parkway drive with jonas brother there would be a riot.
AutoScan - Istoriya Padeniya

RLN<3
If you can get your hands on a Cort like mine, you may like it. And Schecters are good. Most are made in the Cort factory.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

well, price range for amp..

1300 is pretty much all the money i have.. and i do have good amps at the place where i practice with my band. but i should have one myself.. *calculates saving money plan*

well i guess i'm looking at having around $2000 to spend on both guitar and amp then
i dont classify metalcore as music i classify it as ****.

on an actual helping note i suggest get a jackson, esp,ibanez. everybody uses those.
Classical Guitarist
Quote by guitar dreamer
well, price range for amp..

1300 is pretty much all the money i have.. and i do have good amps at the place where i practice with my band. but i should have one myself.. *calculates saving money plan*

well i guess i'm looking at having around $2000 to spend on both guitar and amp then

I suggest a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 (no tremolo) and a Peavey 5150 or 6505. I don't know much about cabs so if you can't find any good ones just get a combo.

If you can get all this and still have some spare money, get some pedals, if you don't have them already, a tube screamer for a gain boost, chorus pedal for cleans, wah pedal for solos, whammy pedal, etc. They come in very handy.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Last edited by falconthefirst at Sep 5, 2009,
Metalcore guys seem to love schecter so check them out
ibanez are always a good choice as well
Jackson, Schecter, Ibanez, ESP/LTD. Those are the good metal guitar brands out there. Get one. But first:
GET A BETTER AMP!
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Last edited by asfastasdark at Sep 5, 2009,
BC. Rich makes some pretty kick-ass guitars that match the genre, and sounds pretty kick-ass as well. As for amps, Line 6 make some pretty good ones.
Ibanez-i own one i play metalcore and hardcore works great for both with my sa220 check out some higher end ibanez guitars, or shecter i love schecter and the hellraiser is an amazing guitar for all genres
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends
TS
look at my thread(link in sig)

i also play metal core
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
does not compute

+ the ****ing internet.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
For metalcore i'd suggest a ESP LTD Deluxe MH-1000/MH-400. However, if you could find one i'd get a H-1000 (Luke from PWD uses these). Just about anything in the LTD 1000 range is good. As for an amp i'd go for a 5150/6505.
Quote by Lurcher
If you can get your hands on a Cort like mine, you may like it. And Schecters are good. Most are made in the Cort factory.

ok off topic Im not saying this is a bad thing but every thread I see you on is either pushing Cort or bagging Epiphone as you can see I own a Cort to but me thinks your a salesmen

On topic: just try out every guitar you can and see what you like just don't get active pups unless your getting a better amp
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
Schecter = Metalcore.

I recommend the Blackjack ATX C-1
It is even better than the Hellraiser with its Seymour Duncan Active Blackouts.
The ATX also has a smooth neck as opposed to the Sticky Neck on the Hellraiser.
Quote by Oosh.

i just got a schecter hellraiser c1. it really is the ultimate metal machine. check it out.
Quote by TheUsedRocker
BC. Rich makes some pretty kick-ass guitars that match the genre, and sounds pretty kick-ass as well. As for amps, Line 6 make some pretty good ones.

I hope you mean high-end B.C. Rich guitars and Vettas and Flextones.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by guitar dreamer

/[]\
/'\

You can't beat lulz man...

Check out Schetcer BlackJack ATX FR
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by biga29

/[]\
/'\

You can't beat lulz man...

Check out Schetcer BlackJack ATX FR

lol. the smiley even has a dick?

and yeah, schecter really are good.