1. Marshall Vintage Modern
2. Orange Rocker 30
3. Orange AD30

Hey guys, i purchased the Marshall VM a few weeks ago because it sounds great and is in my price range... but just today i went to tom lee's website and i found out that they sold those 2 oranges i mentioned up there for pretty much the same price range...and orange sounds great also !
So im really not sure.
Also it seems as though a lot of people prefer orange over marshalls

I play blues, classic rock, rock, jazz, funk, punk, NOT Metal or emo stuff

PS. one thing about the orange that sucks is i like reverb and theres no reverb. but then again the VM has somewhat weak reverb anyways.
27mMoV31II7.a2
Last edited by Antimage27 at Sep 5, 2009,
As far as I'm aware mate the Orange Rocker also doesn't have an effects loop (the one I tried out the other day didn't) though I hear you can get one installed if you shell out some cash. The Rocker does have an absolutely awesome tone though, I play the same style music as you (no metal) even though it doesn't have an effects loop (I love effects) I'm seriously considering buying one myself.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Oh what? that sucks..i need an EX loop lol
Also i realized that the AD30 has no clean channel because if you drive the gain up itll break up a lot...so will it have enough headroom for gigs ?

edit...actually nvm the AD30 has no Ex loop either
k ill just stick with my marshall then -.-
27mMoV31II7.a2
Last edited by Antimage27 at Sep 5, 2009,
Quote by Led Dirigible
Personally I'd take the Rocker or the AD30.

+1. I didn't really like the VM. Depends on the tones you want and personal preference, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Most people on here don't seem to like marshall. So many great guitarists use marshall. Like Slayer does....I would go with the marshall. Personally I think Marshall heads are pretty superior to others.
Quote by pedroskins
Most people on here don't seem to like marshall. So many great guitarists use marshall. Like Slayer does....I would go with the marshall. Personally I think Marshall heads are pretty superior to others.

??????
Are you saying that just because people hate MGs????
All we're saying is that the Oranges are better choices than the Marshall, because the people who are answering HAVE played all 3 heads and have an unbiased opinion.
Just because Slayer uses Marshall it doesn't make them good

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349
??????
Are you saying that just because people hate MGs????
All we're saying is that the Oranges are better choices than the Marshall, because the people who are answering HAVE played all 3 heads and have an unbiased opinion.
Just because Slayer uses Marshall it doesn't make them good

So are you saying Slayer isn't good?

I still don't get why everyone here hates MG's too. They sound great and they're a good practice amp. Everyone seems to think that you have to go out and buy a tube amp that would work great on stage and use that as your practice amp. I got my MG for practice and then when I get a gig going I plan on getting a head and cabinets.
If you already have the VM and like it, keep it.
Does it do what you want? Keep it.

If not, try the Oranges.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
TS, all there is to say is that you need to try all three amps if you think you want to swap the VM. Personally, I wasn't all that impressed with the Rocker. Not a bad amp by any means, but the cleans weren't for me and I like a drive that is more clear and less bass heavy. Try for yourself though.

Quote by pedroskins
So are you saying Slayer isn't good?

He didn't say that, nor did he in any way imply it. It's besdes the point anyway; what Slayer uses isn't necessarily suitable for everyone. Also, not all Marshall models are as nice as the JCM800 stacks Slayer's got.

Quote by pedroskins
I still don't get why everyone here hates MG's too.

Many dislike the tone and the old series had reliability problems. They're also a bit expensive for what they offer. Admittedly, many people on UG are simply jumping on the bandwagon though.

Quote by pedroskins
They sound great and they're a good practice amp.

If you like them, fine. It's nice you found an amp you like. Personally, I can't stand the tone and won't recommend these amps to anybody because of that.

Quote by pedroskins
Everyone seems to think that you have to go out and buy a tube amp that would work great on stage and use that as your practice amp.

No?