Alright so I'm on a budget (just bought a US Highway One Strat), and right now in my band I'm using my dad's 1973 United bass amp. Both the AD50VT and the MG100DFX are on craigslist for $250. I need something good for gigs (clubs, theatres, etc.) that won't need to be mic'd up.

I play classic rock, blues/rock, blues, hard rock, and sometimes funk.

I've searched up both and fell in love with 'em, but I cannot decide for the life of me.

P.S. I'm extremely influenced by Rory Gallagher and Jimmy Page
Quote by RGallagherFan
Alright so I'm on a budget (just bought a US Highway One Strat), and right now in my band I'm using my dad's 1973 United bass amp. Both the AD50VT and the MG100DFX are on craigslist for $250. I need something good for gigs (clubs, theatres, etc.) that won't need to be mic'd up.

I play classic rock, blues/rock, blues, hard rock, and sometimes funk.

I've searched up both and fell in love with 'em, but I cannot decide for the life of me.

P.S. I'm extremely influenced by Rory Gallagher and Jimmy Page

AD50VT
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I use a marshall mg100dfx at the moment, for doing gigs, the main reason i got it is cos it was very cheap and very loud, before i was using a Vox AD30VT but it was never quite loud enough, it the choice was mine i'd go with the vox every time cos the tone is so much better.
The Other, Other, Other North Devon Rock Band
You can always mic it up at a gig if it's not loud enough without it.

I'd go for the Vox.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Vox for sure. Much, much better sound, and its more flexible than the MG. Altho both would only be good for the short-term I think. If you keep doing gigs, grab a good all-tube amp, at least a 15 watter. Itll be louder, clearer, and the overdrive will be much more natural and blues-y without too many pedals.