Hi. I was wondering how well a Schecter 7 string Hellraiser holds its value cause I found one in a pawn shop today for $450 in mint condition (obviously I bought it ). Did I just get lucky or do the prices tend to drop on these?
second hand models are always cheaper than new ones and buying from a pawn shop is buying a second hand guitar so the price should be less
450 sounds about right. And if it is in mint condition you got a great deal. I think resale on everything used is lower right now because the economy is bad.
Well, its an '08 model and it doesnt have any scratches on it and it works fine. No problems with it. I was wondering because the pawn shop seemed like it went more by prices that you would get somewhere like musiciansfriend or something. They had an epi G400 right beside it marked at $300 so I was just wondering.
Ive seen some very weird prices at pawn shops that dont make sense. That just tells me the people that run the place dont know about guitars and you can talk them down. They are desperate for money right now too. Did you even try to talk them down? or did you just pay asking price?
Quote by minchew
Hi. I was wondering how well a Schecter 7 string Hellraiser holds its value cause I found one in a pawn shop today for $450 in mint condition (obviously I bought it ). Did I just get lucky or do the prices tend to drop on these?

Damn! Buy that puppy right away before someone else takes it. I once had a 7 string and put mandolin strings on so that I could tune it to EADGBEE, but an octave up.
Quote by IPlaySchecter
Ive seen some very weird prices at pawn shops that dont make sense. That just tells me the people that run the place dont know about guitars and you can talk them down.

definitely. i once took my Gibson SG in to a pawn shop to see what they would offer and the guy told me they wouldn't take it at all. i've also been to a pawn shop in myrtle beach that was loaded with guitars, and everybody seemed pretty knowledgeable. so i guess it really depends on the shop, but most of the time they have no clue.

same pawn shop that wouldn't take my SG asked me earlier if my mid-level ibanez was US made just... really? no clue.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
definitely. i once took my Gibson SG in to a pawn shop to see what they would offer and the guy told me they wouldn't take it at all. i've also been to a pawn shop in myrtle beach that was loaded with guitars, and everybody seemed pretty knowledgeable. so i guess it really depends on the shop, but most of the time they have no clue.

same pawn shop that wouldn't take my SG asked me earlier if my mid-level ibanez was US made just... really? no clue.

...so? Is it?
I talked them down to $400 even because the cord I was using had a short in it . It was their cord so its not my fault. So I spent the other $50 on a distortion factory pedal they had there. And of course I bought it!
Quote by Jayez
Damn! Buy that puppy right away before someone else takes it. I once had a 7 string and put mandolin strings on so that I could tune it to EADGBEE, but an octave up.

Hey buddy, in the very quote you had quoted, it says (OBVIOUSLY I BOUGHT IT). That generally means he bought it.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by LifeIsABullet16

that doesnt mean they have no clue, that just means they're asking. I mean if I asked if it was US made would that mean I was clueless?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]