i was just wondering. if i were to want to make a good FPS game (for 360). what would i need to buy? obviously animation **** and all that. but how do i take those animations and hook them up to controls? please include product names. thank you (this is not a joke)
HiMyNameIsMatt
Fap? (hahahahaahaha )

And i reccomend paint for the 3d modelling and flash for the 60fps fps games
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by J.A.M
No, this looks like a joke to me.

+1

Seriously, not going to happen, especially if you don't even know what you need.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by surge666
i was just wondering. if i were to want to make a good FPS game (for 360). what would i need to buy? obviously animation **** and all that. but how do i take those animations and hook them up to controls? please include product names. thank you (this is not a joke)

There is no way in god's green earth that I could possibly believe that statement.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
If you want a full game, you need crap loads of money and loads of staff. But you're kidding, right?
Some developers make this sort of thing easy with PC games, like valve and Bethesda...but I don't think it's gonna happen if you're designing stuff for consoles.

GuitarfailEDIT: Assuming you weren't kidding...
This is not a joke
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^

You want to make a good FPS game for the 360, when you don't even know what you'd need or how to do it.

A good FPS requires many staff members and lots of hard work/computer skills.

I doubt TS is serious.
You do realize that games take 100s of people to make and huge amounts of resources. There's no 3-d graphics program that turns a rendered environment into a functioning video game.
If you call animation **** animation ****, you probably shouldn't go beyond making flash games. Not that I know, just assuming.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
make a FPS game where a bunch of guys in KKK uniforms face off gangstas in a jizz-on-each other fight. u get jizzed on, u lose. last man standing wins. although his arm will be tired.

EDIT: this will require much pr0nz!!
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
For the first serious answer: Get Microsoft XNA. Google that stuff.
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
Quote by flanders_91
make a FPS game where a bunch of guys in KKK uniforms face off gangstas in a jizz-on-each other fight. u get jizzed on, u lose. last man standing wins. although his arm will be tired.

EDIT: this will require much pr0nz!!

Damn 09'ers.

To TS: If you really have an interest in making games and such, start with flash games, I'm pretty sure the software for one of those is around $100, and you can make a decent one in a few months, with practice. You'll never make a good FPS without alot of staff and money.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by OneHappyCamper
Quote by cho0onger
Damn 09'ers.

To TS: If you really have an interest in making games and such, start with flash games, I'm pretty sure the software for one of those is around $100, and you can make a decent one in a few months, with practice. You'll never make a good FPS without alot of staff and money.

He can do it, if he believes in his dreams!
Quote by Holy Katana

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Henkdemachtige
He can do it, if he believes in his dreams!

'Fraid Not.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by OneHappyCamper
Quote by duggyrocks
He's trolling.

If not.....

He's not a very amusing troll. Just a stupid one. Eh.
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
Hey did you guys know that Michael Jordan didn't even touch a basketball until he was 23? If TS wants, he can make however good of a game he feels like.
Quote by surge666

Gaming thread / Computer thread.
a little lost.....
Quote by bendystraw
You do realize that games take 100s of people to make and huge amounts of resources. There's no 3-d graphics program that turns a rendered environment into a functioning video game.

FPS Creator.

Quote by baddog144
For the first serious answer: Get Microsoft XNA. Google that stuff.

If, somehow, you are serious, this would be the best/only plausible answer.

But bear in mind, it will take years to accomplish your goal.

I studied XNA in my own free time for about a month before I was able to make anything playable. It was pretty much a side scroller shooter (in its purest form). It took me about 10 hours to program that (after learning everything) and I wouldn't even play it after de-bugging because of its lack of fun.

Good luck if you are serious.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
If you want to make just those simple download things, that's easier.

But if you're thinking a full blown game, good ****ing luck.

You first need an engine for this game to run on, which would be a graphics engine to run the graphics, and a scripting engine to run the game itself. You'd have to learn how to do the programming with both of those, and write everything. To get an engine, you'd either have to acquire a license for an already existing one, which probably wouldn't be cheap, or make one from scratch, which you obviously can't do.

Basically there's no way in hell you're going to accomplish this.

I'd say a good starting point if you want to learn this kind of stuff is to start modding games. Get yourself a game like Unreal Tournament 3, which is moddable, ships with an editor that basically allows you to do everything you could need to do except for create new assets (models, textures, animations and the like), and has plenty of tutorials and a pretty decent mod community around it. Of course, you'll need a PC that can run the game, you'll need an idea, then you'll have plenty of learning ahead of you if you plan on doing all this yourself.

Good luck.
If you are asking,then don't even bother..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by surge666

Making a FPS for Xbox is not a task for one person.

You could easily mod games, though.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Making a game isn't something someone can explain quickly and then you can do it perfectly.
i am ****ing serious. im no troll. i was seriously inspired after playing battlefield bad company
HiMyNameIsMatt
I'm gonna just point you in a direction. Go try Blender 3D. It's a game engine with 3d modelling and animation built into it. There a very active community too so you will be able to find help. It's also free so you don't have to worry about costs. Good luck and see you in 5 years.
all you are saying he is a troll, I think possibly not. if he wants a full blown 3d game that is like a first person shooter like halo games or bioshock or somthing amazing complicated like that. he is trolling. but what i think he wants is somthing along the lines of the community games on xbox. they call them Indie games now. simple little games made by members of the xbox community. they are simple games but can be fun. stuff like pong or side scroller shooters and stuff. that you could probbly make TS. idk what you would need though.
Quote by edgeyyz
It's like everyone's getting laid and I'm the only virgin...

Quote by Nunwhxre 666
I now dub thee, Fapking.

Bow down to the Fapking!

Shoop Group!
He could make a FPS by himself, if he really wanted to. But he would need some art skills (2D/3D, Blender, etc), some programming skills (C#) and XNA.

It wouldn't be commercial quality, but it could be done.