Page 1 of 2
10.Muse
I love their song Knights of Cydonia That song alone boosted them onto my top ten list. Then I listened to their other songs and they are very good.

9.Pearl Jam
I know they arnt really modern rock but their newer albums deserve number 9 I liked their older stuff though.

8.Three Days Grace
Amazing songs such as "Over and Over" and "I hate Everything About You" although I dont really pay that much attention to them they are still good

7.Daughtry
Very good Love No Surprise and all of their first album although they are pretty cheesy in their songs.

6.Thriving Ivory
Very good to wined down to.

5.Rise Against
One of the only punk rock bands I like THey have excelent lyrics and rockin guitar

4.Saving Abel
The Kings of making me like them for really no reason. I like them because of their sound I guess?

3.Breaking Benjamin
They never fail to play songs I love Lyrics wise and the sound I feel split between this one and the next for 2nd

2. Papa Roach
Nice up beat rock sound very good. gets you energized

1.NICKELBACK
They have only good music not one song is bad. They are the most amazing modern rock band their is.

Everyone feel free to post your top ten but dont comment about mine unless it is positive or suggesting other bands.!
Damn I hate to be a music elitist but several of those bands you listed are just really, really terrible. To be honest, I don't really even think I like 10 modern "rock" bands. I guess Umphrey's McGee, moe., and Gov't Mule would make my list, but I really can't think of any other modern bands I frequently listen to that would be classified as rock.
Nickelback, yes. Pearl Jam and Muse, that's why I said several. Muse is hit and miss for me, some of their songs are great but others don't do much for me. Pearl Jam is good but I can't say I really listen to them on a regular basis. Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, and Papa Roach all sound virtually the same and even from song to song they seem to have no originality. Nickleback sounds different from them, but again no originality from song to song and just terrible music in general. I've heard like one Rise Against song before, can't really comment on them. Haven't heard the other 3 bands.
Quote by fighterboy10
did you not read my first post only positive feedback or recomendations

You mean like this?

Quote by fighterboy10
personnaly I thought they were terrible
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
10.Three Days Grace
9.The White Stripes
8.Creed
7.Breaking Benjamin
6.The Killers
5.The Offspring
4.Foo Fighters
3.Alter Bridge
2.Shinedown
1.Rise Against

that was fun, I love top 10 lists
Last.fm

Baltimore Ravens
Washington Capitals
Baltimore Orioles
Jeff Gordon24
Last edited by transplants182 at Sep 8, 2009,
10. The Offspring - Catchy songs that are easy to play and sound good. Smash is a very good album. I haven't heard any of their material post-Americana though.

9. A Perfect Circle - It's like Tool made radio friendly. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

8. Foo Fighters - I love playing along with their (overly) simply songs. Simple
rock songs that usually don't fail to put you in a good mood.

7. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Amazing funk band. Their newer stuff pales in comparison unfortunately. Mother's Milk is definetly one of the top 5 albums, but by the time OHM came out they were already starting to lose their touch imo(I know a lot of people here will disagree with me).

6. Alice in Chains - Grunge metal? Sign me up. I like most of their songs, but there's always a few on each of their records that I have to skip.

5. Incubus - Incredible, incredible band back in the 90's and early 00's. Not so good nowadays, but their first four albums are elite.

4. Nirvana - How do you not like these guys? Alternative Rock is one of the best things to ever happen to music.

3. Soundgarden - Superunknown is pure awesomeness. The title track gives me an orgasmic feeling when he says "If this isn't making sense, it doesn't make it lies". No joke.

2. Tool - Awesome awesome band. I don't even know how you make songs as awesome as they do with such consistency.

1. Stone Temple Pilots - Core and Purple are amazing albums. Every single song on them could be considered one of my all-time favorite songs. The newer albums aren't as good, but they still have their fair share of awesome songs. I'm psyched for the new album.

Honorable Mentions:

Pearl Jam
Screaming Trees
Porcupine Tree
Breaking Benjamin
Bush
Live
PUSA
Priestess
RaTM
Jane's Addiction
Last edited by guitarhero_764 at Sep 8, 2009,
Alice in Chains is the best modern rock band ever.
(To TS)
I don't honestly care for most of the bands you listed (most sound like generic radio rock to me) all though pearl jam aren't bad and rise against are pretty sweet.
I highly suggest you listen to some Alice in Chains though because, in addition to being completely awesome, they have undoubtedly had the biggest impact on modern rock music of any band and a good amount of the bands you mentioned have been influenced by them.
Oh wow I cant belive i left out alice in chains! I completely forgot them. I love Them Bones Then It gott on Guitar Hero 2 Lame.

And Incubus I must have had a brain fart
List update

10.Three Days Grace
9.Incubus
8.Nirvana
7.Alice in Chains
6.Live
5.Breaking Benjamin
4.Papa Roach
3.Smashing Pumpkins
2.Rob Thomas
1.Nickelback
nickelback
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Come on seriously if you want to make fun of them go to the Nickelback was amazing thread
no particular order.

stone temple pilots
muse
queens of the stone age
alice in chains
tool
a perfect circle
rage against the machine
the black keys
velvet revolver
the mars volta

i know you wouldn't call any some of these bands modern rock, but they are all post-80's so that's good enough for me.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by fighterboy10
Oh wow I cant belive i left out alice in chains! I completely forgot them. I love Them Bones Then It gott on Guitar Hero 2 Lame.

Your not just basing your opinion of them on that one song are you? While Them Bones is great, theres much more to Alice than just that one song. Listen to the entire album Dirt if you get a chance, its excellent!
I love how in your original post you categorize bands in your top ten off of a song or two. You just heard Knights of Cydonia in a guitar hero game most likely so you like them off one song, and the rest you just heard, but have no lasting quality? That justifies them being your tenth favorite band? There's little logic in your decisions.
I dont just know them bones or Knights of Cydonia they were just like my fav songs by them
80's is getting a bit off but sure nothing befor 80s
If you like Coldplay listen to "If I could fly" by Joe Satriani. See a similarity there? FYI: "If I could Fly" came out first. Hmmmmm...

thats right... Hes lookin at you
Quote by fighterboy10

Even with my negative opinions of Nickelback aside, how could you possibly place them over Alice in Chains?! Alot of modern bands wouldn't even be there without AIC or alot of the Seattle bands; check out Three Days Grace's cover of 'Rooster'. And if Them Bones is all you know by them, you should look into Facelift, their first album. Or Dirt. Or Jar of Flies. Or....just go ahead and buy every single album they have, even their latest one, because they simply don't make bad music
I will say though, even though Three Days Grace isn't the most original, or my most favorite band out there, they put on one hell of a live show. My only problem with them and BB is that they keep churning out the same music, and they also seem to have hit a wall in terms of lyrics; lacks depth....

Anyways, here's my list in no particular order, since all have had a HUGE impact on me as a musician, check out some of these if you haven't heard:

10 Years
Chevelle
Alice in Chains
Deftones
A Perfect Circle
Seether
Nirvana
Soundgarden
System of a Down
Flyleaf
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Last edited by EvilAngel93 at May 11, 2010,
yea I've gotten over them AIC is indeed better and my list is so dramatically changed that i must reorder it.

10. Perfect Circle
9. Three Days Grace
8. Nickelback (They still put on a good show)
7. Muse
6. Nirvana
5. Tool
4. Alice in Chains
3. Pearl JAm
2. Rise Against
1. Breaking Benjamin
If you like Coldplay listen to "If I could fly" by Joe Satriani. See a similarity there? FYI: "If I could Fly" came out first. Hmmmmm...

haha, my bad, I didn't even notice this was done months ago. I can agree with that list
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
All tied for first
slash
stone temple pilots
foo fighters
coheed and cambria
smashing pumpkins
alter bridge
shinedown
breaking Benjamin
green day
alice cooper
looking back pretty much all of you have really good taste in music two bands i cant stand though is green day and owl city.

My list starts after 2000 because that's what I believe is modern.
(Only contains bands from my music library, so it's biased)

10-Papa Roach
9-Incubus
8-Creed
7-Shinedown
6-Chevelle
5-Staind
4-Foo Fighters
3-Seether
2-Three Days Grace
1-Breaking Benjamin

Honorable Mention - Flyleaf, Crossfade, 10 Years, Switchfoot

(Does not contain metal bands)
Muse blows

enough said

haha just kiddin man, you can have your own opinion,
even though they kinda do blow
In no particular order....

Velvet Revolver
Three Days Grace
Muse
Rise Against
Breaking Benjamin
The Fall Of Troy
Foo Fighters
Linkin Park
Paramore
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Breaking Benjamin and Foo Fighters are my fav out of that list though
Quote by lilwill322
Muse blows

enough said

haha just kiddin man, you can have your own opinion,
even though they kinda do blow

Says the guy who has Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace and Seether as his top three.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Incubus, Queens of the Stone Age, The Mars Volta, Muse, Minus the Bear, Radiohead, The Smashing Pumpkins, Taking Back Sunday. (not in any order)
Quote by soundgarden19
Says the guy who has Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace and Seether as his top three.

Agreed, Muse is bigger then the three of them combined not to mention their music can be described with the proper use of the word "epic". None of the above listed can include a leg of their already gigantic tour dedicated to 90,000 seat soccer stadiums with a giant pyramid made out of LCD screens. Did I mention the UFO Muse has flying around at these shows blocked out MTV's broadcast signal?! http://www.nme.com/news/muse/51376

They are ****ing HUGE. Band of the decade
Page 1 of 2