I played a few guitars today, including the Blackjack with the Floyd Rose and EMG pickups. It was the last one I played and I thought it was the best all round package. The sound was good, the trem was great and the neck was reasonably comfortable. It was out of my price range (CAN$1200) though I don't particularily like the look. Do Schecter make decent guitars?
Schecter's make good guitars, but imo they really excel in the $500-800 range. Past that, they're still pretty good but I think you can get better stuff, also, a lot of people don't really like their necks (myself included).
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Pac_man0123
Yes but the Blackjack ATX guitars have Blackout pickups last i checked... The regular Blackjacks have SD JB/59 passives.

fixed.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Pac_man0123
Oh my bad sorry. I forgot they redid the 2009 blackjack models.

i'm pretty sure it was like that for '08 too. i may be mistakened though.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Guitar2theface
Schecter's make good guitars, but imo they really excel in the $500-800 range. Past that, they're still pretty good but I think you can get better stuff, also, a lot of people don't really like their necks (myself included).

I agree... I have a cheaper Schecter that plays and feels very good.

Is it weird that I love my Ibanez's Wizard II neck and my Schecter's neck?
Quote by enraged_waffle
I agree... I have a cheaper Schecter that plays and feels very good.

Is it weird that I love my Ibanez's Wizard II neck and my Schecter's neck?

its kinda weird, seeing as most people pray to one or the other and despise the opposite one.
Quote by pedromiles101