Hey guys!

I did a You Really Got Me cover, based off the Van Halen version really. A couple of changes here and there, and lots of changes as far as the recording/production goes!

I want feedback! C4C, of course.

If you have any questions about gear used or any other recording questions, don't hesitate to ask! The song is in my profile.

Thanks, everyone.
It's solid - All instruments are produced well, and vox is very good.
Good overall cover, and i love the tone you have used on the main guitar.

What daw do you use?
Quote by ankthebank
It's solid - All instruments are produced well, and vox is very good.
Good overall cover, and i love the tone you have used on the main guitar.

What daw do you use?

Thanks a lot!

There are 3 rhythm guitars going on. One panned all the way left, one panned all the way right, and one in the middle but stereo-widened using a plugin. It's been working well for my tones lately!

I use Garageband on a Macbook. Thanks for the feedback!
Garageband? Really?

I just got a macbook pro, and immediately downloaded reaper, because i thought i couldn't get that good quality on garageband... i guess i was wrong. ;D

Do you use any external monitors?
Quote by ankthebank
Garageband? Really?

I just got a macbook pro, and immediately downloaded reaper, because i thought i couldn't get that good quality on garageband... i guess i was wrong. ;D

Do you use any external monitors?

Haha, don't doubt Garageband! Awesome program if you really figure out what you're doing.

I use an old Bose stereo system as monitors, they work well enough.
Cool, keep up the good work... please don't hesitate to drop me a line if you want some crit or something
Quote by ankthebank
Cool, keep up the good work... please don't hesitate to drop me a line if you want some crit or something

Thanks a lot!
It's really really good, I especially liked the production aspect of the song, it must take a lot of time and a lot of work recording all those tracks...
Great job!
Quote by sarelg
It's really really good, I especially liked the production aspect of the song, it must take a lot of time and a lot of work recording all those tracks...
Great job!

Thanks!

Yeah, it took a little bit of time, but it's not like the playing was hard in this song, it was pretty basic. It just takes time to double track and etc.