Okay well I know how much pure hatred there is on these forums for the Spider series but I personally don't think they're so bad. I own a Spider III 75 and I was just wondering if anyone thinks it would be worth my money to upgrade to a Spider IV 120. I think it looks very interesting. Any thoughts?
isn't it the same thing but more presets
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
In before people spout the "Stop riding the spiders are **** bandwagon".

Op, save up and get a better amp, or if this is not possible, and you actually like the amp, then get it.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
i dont really se the point in anything abouve a 30, they make great practice amps, but they arent for gigging really, and you dont need that much power if youre in your bedroom
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
The IVs are worse than the IIIs. Even if you like the IIIs, that doesn't mean you'll like the IVs. And you'll outgrow that amp long before you actually need 120 watts.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
The IVs are worse than the IIIs. Even if you like the IIIs, that doesn't mean you'll like the IVs. And you'll outgrow that amp long before you actually need 120 watts.
Nope.
Quote by The_Bosstone
Nope.

Yes, they are IMO. I AB'd the two next to each other when the IV first came out and the only thing the IV did better was cleans. It was fizzier and muddier than the III.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I have a feeling threads like these will never stop...

If you like it, keep it

If you dont, GET SOMETHING ELSE
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
I haven't ever found a SS amp where I'm completely happy with the distortion, however a good clean channel is MORE important than a distortion channel for me. I can just use overdrive and distortion pedals through the clean channel.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by Siangkam
Okay well I know how much pure hatred there is on these forums for the Spider series but I personally don't think they're so bad. I own a Spider III 75 and I was just wondering if anyone thinks it would be worth my money to upgrade to a Spider IV 120. I think it looks very interesting. Any thoughts?

Hi Siangkam , well if you already experience the spider amps , I would upgrade my investment in to something different like another modelling amp high end or tube or even a solidstate. the slackadjuster
Quote by Stevenlazer1
Should I Get A Spider III Or IV I Need A Practice Amp And Im Talking about the 15Watts

You deserved everyone of those.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by Stevenlazer1
Ok. But Tell Me Which One I Should Get

Stop typing in all caps.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

u might like it, but once u play something better, u will see how bad the tone truly is, or u might still like it, everyone is different, but the majority of ppl don't, i've found about 1/100 ppl like it
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Actually as a practice amp I think a spider is a cool amp, may sound bad a high volumes, but it got everything you need when practicing(effects, every kind of sound,etc) at the expense of your tone.
I would get the III just because its cheaper.
The chances are you haven't played a tube amp, if you do, you will understand your spider sucks.

Or, your ear hasn't matured enough to tell the difference.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Jesus christ, have any of you actually played a Spider IV?

I ended up playing through one at Guitar Center the other day and was pleasantly surprised, they made it look a lot less tacky, made it easier to dial in settings, and also improved the tone. The EQ settings are still kind of rigid, but it's definitely an improvement over the Spider III IMO.

Would I personally purchase one? No, because I've got a Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 and a Laney PT30MV Series II, both of which are great tube amps, BUT I can certainly see why they'd appeal to beginner/intermediate/somewhere-in-between guitarists.

TS: I wouldn't upgrade to the new Spider because although they are different generations, the Spider IV still isn't different enough to be worthy of replacing your Spider III with. I'd save up for a Peavey ValveKing or Peavey Vypyr, maybe even a used Fender Blues Junior, if I were in your position.

TL;DR: stop bashing amps you have no experience with just because of the brand name.
Quote by sbinlb
invest in something better like a tube amp.

Doesn't have to be tube, though. Just has to be good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Doesn't have to be tube, though. Just has to be good.

I agree. I don't own a spider (i have a Flextone) but the flextone gets a pretty decent tone at high volumes. Not the best compared to a tube amp, but if you think about it, the flex gets me through alot of styles with the amp presets.
My advice. Compare. We cant tell you what to buy. We can only give our oppinions...and it usually breaks into "N0 SPYD3R GTF0 N00b"
but don't let anyone tell you the difference.
You can't see music
(dont eff with my phrase haters...>.>
Quote by Schism1985
Jesus christ, have any of you actually played a Spider IV?

I ended up playing through one at Guitar Center the other day and was pleasantly surprised, they made it look a lot less tacky, made it easier to dial in settings, and also improved the tone. The EQ settings are still kind of rigid, but it's definitely an improvement over the Spider III IMO.

Would I personally purchase one? No, because I've got a Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 and a Laney PT30MV Series II, both of which are great tube amps, BUT I can certainly see why they'd appeal to beginner/intermediate/somewhere-in-between guitarists.

TS: I wouldn't upgrade to the new Spider because although they are different generations, the Spider IV still isn't different enough to be worthy of replacing your Spider III with. I'd save up for a Peavey ValveKing or Peavey Vypyr, maybe even a used Fender Blues Junior, if I were in your position.

TL;DR: stop bashing amps you have no experience with just because of the brand name.

Yes, I have. I made a thread describing my feelings about it back when they were first released.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Go to the store and play every freakin' amp there regardless of price. Then go to another store and play all the amps there until you run out of places to go. Then make your decision.
I reccomend the Peavey Vypyr or The Vypyr Tube, i tried the solid state model and its clean and dirty tones blew me away, id say equal features as the spider. the spider only covers it up with presets that began to sound similar to me. Check it out!
My current gear:
2004 Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Seagull 25th Anniversary Edition
Peavey Vypyr 75
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah