i bought my first tube amp yesterday at gc and it is a marshall jcm 2000 dsl 100. i bought it used for $850. i was so proud on my way home!

anyway, i've never owned a tube amp before so i really don't know how to take care of them that well. i know i need new tubes in it. not right away but i do know that they are old and will need to replaced before november/december.

what kind of tubes do i need to get? i've heard that different tubes are better for different styles of playing. is that true? if so, i play everything. i do studio work for rap artists and i need really horrible tone for them. for some reason they love it. i play in a funk band. i also play in a hard rock/metal band as well.

i'm not going to use it for practice because the spaces are too small but for live gigs it is a must!!! i just want to sound my best and i know that with a little info, this is the amp of my dreams
Don't turn it on without putting it in standby first.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
You should have read more about tube amps and that amp in particular before buying it naively.

Imo.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by Juadafi
You should have read more about tube amps and that amp in particular before buying it naively.

Imo.

bad juju my friend. don't send bad juju. this is not for criticizing. i'm just looking for advice about what i can do to make it the best it can be
i've dealt with tube amps before. i've read reviews on this amp. i've played this amp multiple times. i even played this one for 3 hrs before buying it at gc. i love this particular jcm.