Page 1 of 3
Ok, I know I've sunk kinda low for coming to the pit for this, but hell, why not?

So I'm starting highschool tuesday, and my friends right now aren't really good friends. They plan stuff behind my back sometimes, etc. etc. (and yes they are boys, kinda pathetic for them to gossip imo, but sadly ive had to stoop to that level to not be annoyed as much).

So anyway, that aside, I really want to meet new people and hopefuly make new close friends. My problem is I'm kinda shy and I do stutter which really makes it annoying (keep in mine my stuttering isn't that bad, but it does get in the way). I just need advice on how to meet new people and get to know them.

Thanks

P.S. Again I know I've stooped low coming here
On the first day, make sure you smile, but not in a creepy way. Make convo about stuff like "What school did you come from?" and stuff.
RIP Tom Searle.
Just do your best, do everything you can.
And don't you worry what the bitter hearts are gonna say.
It just takes some time,
little girl you're in the middle of the ride.
Everything (everything) will be just fine,
everything (everything) will be alright (alright).
what MH400 said
Just make casual conversation and crack a few jokes here and there.
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Quote by metaldud536
It just takes some time,

The Middle?
be open with people, say hi and stuff, no matter what your going to meet people whether you want to or not, lol people always think high school is scary
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Just remember: life sucks after high school. Life just gets worse and worse.

But just talk to people, if a teacher lets you work in partners try and meet someone new, small talk, etc.
You'll be fine dude, just hang with the kids that have the same interests as you, find the muso groups and just chat.
a little lost.....
Quote by SGburnsRED

Just make casual conversation and crack a few jokes here and there.

What SG said. Just make sure that the jokes are funny. If they suck, it'll be awkward...

You:

The rest of the class:

You:
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by metaldud536
It just takes some time,

epic solo then return to chorus
but yeah i just started my self, i actually made a forum for it my self.As Seen Here
but be your self, and dont be afraid to be laughed at, upperclassmen might mess with you just because you are freshmeat, but dont worry it doesnt last long. just go in and know your place, you dont own the school.
And BTW there isnt a pool on the roof, dont buy hall passes and dont leave anything by itself.
'09er
Quote by aaciseric

I hate you too much to be able to answer this thread properly. You misleading swine.

Quote by HeavyReverb

you dont win. f^cking 09er

Quote by emad
Morello Wannabe
Post back and I'll temporary ban you.
Last edited by Morello Wannabe at Sep 5, 2009,
I know for a fact that being yourself is all you need to do...there are people who aren't going to like your originality or like the idea of being 'different', just because they adhere to social norms like an Aussie's ass to a leather car seat in Summer..

Anyway. Just be yourself, there will be people who will warm to you, and will be your true friends. People who put on acts and follow stereotypes will end up lost in the world, because most of their 'friends' don't really care about them, only their own image or 'coolness'. Being yourself is the way to go. I know this because I'm a part of one of the "Reject" groups at my school...we're ourselves, we don't care what anyone says, and we're all B-A grade students, but we have a hell of a lot of fun together, and the best part is that these 'Reject' groups are bigger by far than any of the 'Popular' groups.

By "reject" and "being ourselves" I don't mean loners, or try-hard punks or something, we really don't do any of the stereotype bull****, we accept people for who they are and we're there for each other. Just be yourself man, Peace.
just relax join different groups and dont be afraid to talk to new people. highschool can be fun or terrible depending on the choices you make.
just keep it real
Last edited by sbinlb at Sep 5, 2009,
Quote by MH400
What SG said. Just make sure that the jokes are funny. If they suck, it'll be awkward...

You:

The rest of the class:

You:

I am so tired of rhetorical questions. Or am I?
Thanks guys, might ne hard to get the balls to start talking but hell I'll get used to it. I'm thinking of trying to find a band to join which might help
you'll be fine.

try to talk to the people in your classes, you'll be spending 8 hours a day with them, so might as well socialize with your presented populous.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
High school is such a diverse place that everyone meets new people that like the same things they do. Just be outgoing and try to find people who like the same things as you.
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Quote by MH400

You:

The rest of the class:

You:

And dont laugh at your own jokes because if you do and no one else does then it WILL be super awkward for you
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
I remember being exactly like you when I started high school, having a stutter and being kind of nervous. I've lost that as I've grown up, but trust me, you'll meet dead on people who'll not care, so don't worry. Also, there'll be people just as nervous, if not more, than you.

Just don't try as hard as you possibly can to fit in, and don't care too much. Be yourself and just stick with your real mates.
Quote by A7X3DG
Ok, I know I've sunk kinda low for coming to the pit for this, but hell, why not?

So I'm starting highschool tuesday, and my friends right now aren't really good friends. They plan stuff behind my back sometimes, etc. etc. (and yes they are boys, kinda pathetic for them to gossip imo, but sadly ive had to stoop to that level to not be annoyed as much).

So anyway, that aside, I really want to meet new people and hopefuly make new close friends. My problem is I'm kinda shy and I do stutter which really makes it annoying (keep in mine my stuttering isn't that bad, but it does get in the way). I just need advice on how to meet new people and get to know them.

Thanks

If you don't like them, and they aren't helping you as friends should, leave them. You will meet other people, just be yourself and try to be friendly.

It sounds "guidance-councilor" but don't hang out with people you don't really like. Find your friends, your real friends, and I'm sure you will make many, and rise above the usual filth of highschool life.
Drink the sauce. Go on, it's okay. Just remember, I am the quest.

Quote by illuminatiano
YOU ARE A NO GOOD LAZY FORGETFUL STONER WITH NO FUTURE YOU ARE WORTHLESS TO SOCIETY
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
I remember being exactly like you when I started high school, having a stutter and being kind of nervous. I've lost that as I've grown up, but trust me, you'll meet dead on people who'll not care, so don't worry. Also, there'll be people just as nervous, if not more, than you.

Just don't try as hard as you possibly can to fit in, and don't care too much. Be yourself and just stick with your real mates.

Nice to know you did fine having the same problem =)
I'm in the same situation TS, and i agree with pretty much every post in this thread
just be yourself, don't worry if people are dicks to you, because there are alot of assholes out there, but just stick with your real friends. don't be afraid to try new things because if you don't like it you don't have to do it again
Quote by metaldud536
It just takes some time,

/epic reference
Quote by joshua122593
Show them your pokemonz. >____>

You'll make great friends with that.

you sir, are the winner.

oh, and dont worry about it, your a freshman. everybody hates freshmen, lol. naw, but really id suggest just hamming it up in class, thats what i do. i tend to be an idiot, but i have fun with it and people often find my shennanigans funny.
My Gear:
Electric:
Dean From Hell (CFH/Dime)
ESP Ltd EC-1000 Amber Sunburst
Laney LX65D amp
Acoustic:
Taylor T5 custom koa
Marshall AS50D amp.

PSN ID is also

MrSprinklez
Quote by A7X3DG

Thanks

no, you haven't stooped low

When I started high school was probably the best time for me to have made some friends. I've seen people who have made some very close friends from that time. I did have some trouble (and do so now), because I don't have a very loud voice in itself, and I happen to lose anything remotely articulate in oral speech. but I DID improve over the years (I hope). If anything, other people are inclinced to feel the way you do about high school too.

p.s. also, ditch your 'friends'. they don't seem very nice.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by A7X3DG

Thanks

Well, you have A7X in your username. Plenty of kids in high school like them, hell, I see someone wearing their shirts almost everyday. If you see someone wearing an A7X shirt, go up and start a conversation around them. Or any band you like. Joining clubs doesn't hurt, either.
You probably have this mentality that people don't want to talk to you, right? Well no one is really as big of a douche as you think. Just start talking to them like an ordinary person would when the opporunity arises and you'll eventually become friends.
It's kinda like prison, you have to fight some random person to assert your dominance.
Get lucky.
you know
like be in the bathroom masturbating while there's another guy in the stall next to you doing it too and you'll stop and be like..

"dude are you jerking off?"
he's like
"wait.. aren't YOU?"
and then "well.. ya.."
and the response "same..."
then lots of lols and instant BEST FRIENDS FOR LIFE.
Quote by El_KINGG33
Don't Buy ANYTHING from seniors, especially Elevator Passes.

I wish I could use the elevators in my school =0(.

But anyway,

Join a group/club. I met a bunch of awesome people in various clubs I was in. Talk to the people in your class, as the year goes on you'll all be talking to each other. Instant acquaintances! Be nice, be yourself, yadayadayada.

Part of this Complete Breakfast!
As corny as it is, be yourself.

People that share the same interests of you will ultimately like you because of them.
The.
Quote by El_KINGG33
Don't Buy ANYTHING from seniors, especially Elevator Passes.

Lizzie McGuire reference?
I think the main thing you must focus on, is some people are going to like you, and some people arn't. The thing is is, if your always in the backround and don't try talking to people, nobody will like you and nobody will hate you. Your the kid that is just "there". That is far worse then anything else so put yourself out there
Just don't do what I did and ruin your underclassman years by being shy.

This is my junior year and it took me until now to realize that the people that might not like or accept me are the same people I'd gladly punch in the face. I just stopped caring this year and I'm going all out. You should do the same, except start NOW.
Page 1 of 3