Page 1 of 6
So a friend and I were talking about who we think they could bring in as a villain for the next Batman movie, which according to Michael Cane and Gary Oldman, is starting filming sometime in 2010/2011. Who does the pit think should be the next Batman villain, and could they top Scarecrow and The Joker?
they can for sure top the first movie.. it was kind of boring

imagine David Bowie as the Riddler... crazy...
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
they can for sure top the first movie.. it was kind of boring

imagine David Bowie as the Riddler... crazy...

Pssh, they should just skip the middleman

Batman vs. THE GOBLIN KING!
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Quote by joshua122593
Chuck Norris would probably shake things up.

All batman would have to do is call Bruce Campbell...problem solved, movie too short.

My vote would be Christina Scabbia as Catwoman
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
Johny Depp has the potential to be a good riddler I think. The third one would have to be amazing to top the first two, but I feel that the story would be a little restricted due to Heath Ledger's death, it would be interesting to see what Christopher Nolan does - that is if he directs it, it would be **** if he didn't.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Last edited by kidsilcon at Sep 5, 2009,
Weird you should post this now - I'm in the middle of re-watching The Dark Knight.

Riddler would seem the obvious choice. Johhny Depp would be fantastic, but I think if Jim Carrey did it again with a good script he would be great. They might want to avoid doing that though because people hated that movie.

Catwoman would be great. She has the whole good/bad thing that could make her interesting.

@ kidsilcon: Your avatar got me thinking about Mad Hatter being in the next Batman. I know it's not Mad Hatter in your avatar, but bear with me. They'd have to change him a bit to make him good for a modern audience, but other than that it'd be kinda cool. Only problem is very few know about him bar diehard Batman fans.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Last edited by dgme92 at Sep 5, 2009,
is joker not making a comeback? i mean sure heath ledger did a good job and died, but cant we replace him? riddler would be cool though
everything purple tastes like grape
everything blue tastes like blueberry
everything pink tastes like watermelon
everything red tastes like strawberry
everything orange tastes like orange
everything yellow tastes like lemon
batman vs dog the bounty hunter
Pardon me while I burst into flames.
I've had enough of the world and its people's mindless games.
So pardon me while I burn and rise above the flame.
batMAN VS WILD
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
I can't see the next movie looking good, because (if the films are a trilogy) they've killed off (and Ledger died) all the climactic and extremely menacing Batman villians

as much as a movie with the Riddler, Harley Quinn, Bane, and Azreal would be, it just wouldn't be the same
Quote by bodyheatseeker
Catwoman!

God no

Well, it had better not be Halle Berry at least

And I dunno, the Riddler doesn't seem like he would translate that well to the Nolan's movies; he seems kind of ...
silly

The character just doesn't seem "dark" enough; granted, Jack Nicholson and Cesar Romero were hard to take seriously, but I've heard some of the comics (the more modern ones) were pretty heavy (for a comic)

He also seems too similar to the Joker

Now that I think about, I can't think of any Batman villains that would translate to Nolan's movies very well...

Now that I think about that, I realize I can't think of any Batman villains...
What about like Bain or Mr Freeze
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by slaptasticdave

Mr. Freeze is too crazy. While a bit more believable than Bane, still too crazy.

They need characters a little grounded in reality to work with the tone of the movies..
Quote by Fishyesque

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by slaptasticdave

maybe Bane, but even that would be hard

Mr Freeze is forever ruined by the stylings of Joel Schumacher
The Riddler would be great if they played it more like hey did in Batman the Animated Series. Deadshot would also be cool, but he's probably not well known/iconic enough. Maybe as a secondary villain.
Quote by slaptasticdave
Ice to meet you
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Well, at the end of the dark knight, that guy had half of his face burned. Was there a villain called Two-Face? I think there was. Wouldn't it make sense that if he was at the end of the second movie he'd be in the third one?
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Quote by element4433
Ice to meet you

i still hate Batman & Robin
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by pitobodies
Well, at the end of the dark knight, that guy had half of his face burned. Was there a villain called Two-Face? I think there was. Wouldn't it make sense that if he was at the end of the second movie he'd be in the third one?

He died at the end of the dark knight. I do wish he would be in another movie, i love him as a character, and the look of him in the dark knight was awesome.
I really think as a die hard batman fan that they should do a Harley quin and poison Ivy team up thing. They were always nuts in the animated series. I wouldn't mind Mr. Freeze either i always enjoyed him as a character but like someone else said he is a little too fictional and far out to be taken seriously in a movie we are expecting so much out of.
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
Quote by pitobodies

...Except he died.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by Alexishxc1337
Time to kick some ice
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by SOADisdabest
I'm still hoping for Eddie Murphy as The Riddler.

Also, I'd like to see Harley Quinn make an appearance.

Yeah, Harley Quinn might work.

If Joker somehow comes back into the next film. Without Joker, Harley Quinn is nothing.
Quote by Fishyesque

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
I think Nicholas Cage should be The Riddler, and Angelina Jolie should be Poison Ivy.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by The Horror!

And I dunno, the Riddler doesn't seem like he would translate that well to the Nolan's movies; he seems kind of ...
silly

The character just doesn't seem "dark" enough; granted, Jack Nicholson and Cesar Romero were hard to take seriously, but I've heard some of the comics (the more modern ones) were pretty heavy (for a comic)

He also seems too similar to the Joker

There was a topic on it before and i think someone said if the riddler was kind of completely opposite to the joker (completely calm and calculated, really smart but totally evil) it could work, i'm sure Nolan will have a good trick up his sleeve.

I don't know the Batman universe too well, but blackmask would make a good villain.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I thought they already confirmed that its riddler and cat-woman.

I cant believe that no one has mentioned the penguin. Hes a classic.

So is it a goal to keep these movies more realistic..? Ruling out people like clay-face and killer croc..?

Does anyone remember that villian from the animated series that was some well to do wimpy guy with some kind of dual personality syndrome. And he was a ventriloquist with a gangster puppet that he, and his thugs, were convinced was actually alive and take orders from..? That could have potential in the movie.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by Wulphy
I think Nicholas Cage should be The Riddler, and Angelina Jolie should be Poison Ivy.

Oh God no, Nicholas Cage would be a terrible choice!

EDIT: Unless that was a joke which flew right over my head...
Last edited by SOADisdabest at Sep 5, 2009,
Bane? Freeze? Black mask? Great white shark?

The riddler would be good, but i don't see him being as good as the joker for a movie.
Quote by GuitarNinja12
I thought they already confirmed that its riddler and cat-woman.

I cant believe that no one has mentioned the penguin. Hes a classic.

So is it a goal to keep these movies more realistic..? Ruling out people like clay-face and killer croc..?

Does anyone remember that villian from the animated series that was some well to do wimpy guy with some kind of dual personality syndrome. And he was a ventriloquist with a gangster puppet that he, and his thugs, were convinced was actually alive and take orders from..? That could have potential in the movie.

Yeah, The Ventriloquist. His puppet had a personality of it's own, and he took orders from it and what not. That would be awesome in a movie.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
...Except he died.

Did he die?
I assumed that they meant that 'Harvey Dent' is dead (spiritually and symbolically) and that 'Two-Face' is alive and kicking mad. I was hoping to see Two-Face break out of Arkham or something in the third movie, but ho hum.

EDIT:
Quote by SOADisdabest
Oh God no, Nicholas Cage would be a terrible choice!

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

Quote by Arrived+Dparted
...Except he died.

...Except a lot of Batman villains have, "died," only to return later, the death being faked.

Better be the Penguin. But if they do it the way Danny Devito did it, where he's insane.. I'll be pissed.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.