In the last 2 days, I've had my G, B, and E string break on me, all around the bridge. These strings aren't more than 2 weeks old. Ive tried filing down the saddles with a wound string, but no luck. What's going on?
Quote by DevilsDance76
rigeljs is on the money...

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special
what current gauge strings are you using and how hard do you strum?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
sometimes filing doesnt work. unless it's perfectly smooth, it still might be cutting the strings there.

some brands like Ernies, tend to break easier than others, imo.

and lubing the contact points can help.

but if you're sure it's not a bad batch of strings, you might want to invest in a set of graphtech saddles.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'm using DR Coated 10's, but maybe I'll try a different brand. But I've been using them for a while, and never had this happen to me.
Quote by DevilsDance76

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special
What kind of bridge are you using and does it have a Bigsby or other tailpiece vibrato deal? Also, what kind of guitar are you having problems with?
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
It's a PRS trem on a PRS 513.
Quote by DevilsDance76