My band recently found a new frontman/rhythm player...now it seems he's lost interest and we are on the search again.

I am thinking about leaving the project...but I know in my mind that I'll never find a project that has this kind of chemistry between me, the bassist and the drummer for songwriting. The music (in my opinion) is fantastic, and since we all wrote the songs together is wasn't just me or one of the other two making it what it is. It's just a great chemistry between us all.

It could take us months to find that right singer, however...at this point we're so tight together we only get together once a week to just keep playing the tunes and maybe some slight alterations (although most of our music at this point is finalized and perfect in our eyes.) I feel as though we aren't progressing however, finding the right person seems impossible.

Should I stick it out, but may eventually end up with no singer...or should I move on?
If all you need is a singer, and maybe rhythm guitar then stick with it, by having the drums n bass already linked up and on time, your more then 50% there.
umm just because you're in a different band doesn't mean a singer will magically materialize lol... definitely stick it out
do what jack white does and try to get in a different group and stay in the one your in now. or you can get in a different group and convince their singer to play for your current group.
keep in mind that drum and bass players are the hardest ones to find
Last edited by sbinlb at Sep 5, 2009,
Quote by itstheman
My band recently found a new frontman/rhythm player...now it seems he's lost interest and we are on the search again.

I am thinking about leaving the project...but I know in my mind that I'll never find a project that has this kind of chemistry between me, the bassist and the drummer for songwriting. The music (in my opinion) is fantastic, and since we all wrote the songs together is wasn't just me or one of the other two making it what it is. It's just a great chemistry between us all.

It could take us months to find that right singer, however...at this point we're so tight together we only get together once a week to just keep playing the tunes and maybe some slight alterations (although most of our music at this point is finalized and perfect in our eyes.) I feel as though we aren't progressing however, finding the right person seems impossible.

Should I stick it out, but may eventually end up with no singer...or should I move on?

Dude the answer is obvious. One or more of you should start taking singing lessons. Become the singer that you're looking for, and because the chemistry between you guys is soo tight, it would be easy to get the songs sung the way you've always wanted if one or more of you sing it yourselves.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Finding a good singer is really hard, so hard that I've never actually met one who isn't in a band already.
It takes AGES to find good singers, just look at Dream Theater in 1990 or Nightwish after they fired Tarja, you're probably not at that level yet but you see my point.

If you aren't arguing with band members and have good chemistry and songs, why walk away? Keep looking, you'll eventually find someone.

EDIT: Damn you AlanHB, you always point out stuff I miss
Of course, if one of you can sing, just do it yourselves, but if not, keep looking
Last edited by SilentHeaven109 at Sep 5, 2009,
I gotta agree with Exur. are you planning on moving any time soon? if not, you'll just be scouring the same local talent, except without a solid rythym section. keep at it. if nothing else, seems like you guys get along well enough to still make it enjoyable. think of it as a great opportunity to work on new material, and like Alan said, one of you could take up singing.