Before your fingers/hands/arms just stop working? lol.

About 2 hours for me. I'm still a noob.
I don't stop practicing cuz my hands hurt lol i just don't have anything to work on that i need to
It depends. If I'm having a tendonitis flare-up, about an hour, but if not, then about as long as I feel like. If I haven't played in a while, or if I play a lot a few days in a row, then my fingertips can get somewhat sore.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I get bored before I get sore.
Screw Ignorance... Indifference is bliss.
I practice Fors long time.

English i for practice small time.

seriously some weekends literally 10 hours, others 0 (like today). i dont like schedules im to obsessive.
Last edited by Reveluzionairo at Sep 5, 2009,
If it's regular stuff, then forever.

Otherwise, I can barely get through half of Miles of Machines before my muscles tire, hurt and make me slow.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
i can go for about an hour before my ADHD takes over and i have to do something else.
im not sure, but yesterday, I stood up and said, " I am going to learn a song". For 2 and 1/2 hours, I played Amon Amarths "Twilight of the thunder God" at least 30 times. I learned it, but my bones and muscles hurt a little bit since I have arthritis.

Just keep practicing and you will play for longer periods of time. Also, dont think about time frames if you want to play for awhile. If you are headlining a gig, you better be ready.
lawl i've played like 10+ in a day and i was fine.
sore fingertips maybe the next day but i still could play moar.
Quote by Chaingang
im not sure, but yesterday, I stood up and said, " I am going to learn a song". For 2 and 1/2 hours, I played Amon Amarths "Twilight of the thunder God" at least 30 times. I learned it, but my bones and muscles hurt a little bit since I have arthritis.

Just keep practicing and you will play for longer periods of time. Also, dont think about time frames if you want to play for awhile. If you are headlining a gig, you better be ready.

I don't. I just play until my fingers and wrist are sore. I just noticed that it takes about 2 hours for that to happen. But, yeah, I'm definitely gonna keep playing to build up some endurance.
I've literally spent my entire awake time some days playing guitar, only breaking to eat/go to the bathroom.

Yes, I have no life.
Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Currently saving for:
Agile/Gary Kramer 7 string
It depends what I'm playing. For certain songs my wrist gets stiff after a while but I just move it around a bit and keep playing.
I don't really get tired, IDK, I guess my hands are used to it?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Ive done Adderall recreationally a few times in my life, and each time i found out that not only could i keep playing guitar indefinitely, i couldnt NOT keep playing guitar.

Ive literally jammed out on my guitar nonstop from the moment i got home from school, ~3:00pm until my body passed out from exhaustion, around 2am.

Needless to say my fingers killed the next day.
Sometimes my fingertips look the ones with the lamprey mouths shooped in. But I never get tired, I practice about 3-5 hours a day
More than 4, then I just get bored.

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
I honestly have never played long enough to the point where I just had to stop because I was in pain.

I think I maybe played 2 hours straight while jamming with some friends of mine, though, and I was still fine.
The.
Quote by QuantumP7
^

I'll bet you're amazing, though!

You never got sore the whole time?

Meh, if I did I didn't notice/care. Also, I'm not amazing yet, not by a long shot I've been told I'm good, but I don't believe them [/selfesteemissues]
Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60

Currently saving for:
Agile/Gary Kramer 7 string
dunno. i guess i've never played that long. but i do play on average between 2-3 hours a day without any fatigue so i don't know how long i could play for without a break
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Once played until I began to slightly bleed underneath my nails and I had to stop...

Played something like 17+ hours that day because I was at a musicians camp and just kept on playing after I got home.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Okay Steve Vai/John Petrucci....

john petrucci practices 63 hours a day.. get it right.
With my electric, I never have to stop because of pain or muscle fatigue.
But with my acoustic if I'm playing a lot of barre chords then a few hours can make my fingers ache.
My arms never really get tired from playing bass, but I get blisters on the tips of my fingers if I play several hours a day for several days straight.
this never happens to me, and I can play for like 5 hours straight, I usually get bored or take a break after that though