I mean, how could any of the files wind up floating around online before they are even released to the public?
Hackers?
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
do not question the source of food.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by jimivancobain
Hackers?

This, and people in the inner circle of the band. A lot of bands send a few copies of the album around before they publish it fullscale.
During the pressing of the CD, sometimes a worker may steal a CD and upload it. Promotional copies often find their way onto the internet as well, and they're usually sent out to radio, magazines, etc.
Depends. Sometimes people hack into the studio, sometimes the artists "leaks" it to promote it, Sometimes it's something like what FlyingPirahna said, and sometimes a "leak" is really just an advanced release somewhere else that of course ends up on the internet before it's released everywhere.

In the case of Megadeth's new album, I call #2.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Sep 5, 2009,
When your a famous band making a big professional album there are many many people that have access to it. They just kinda work on a trust and honor system.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
Most often, it's probably an inner circle thing. A bandmember will give a copy to one of his/her friends, that friend will give it to another friend, etc.

It eventually just gets spread everywhere.
The.
in order to have stock for the release date, they must be shipped to stores probably about a week before it's released officially. thing how many hands they pass through to get from the band to the public.

band, friends, studio staff, record label staff, press, factories that actually produce the physical media, online distributors, delivery drivers, store staff.

somewhere along the line someone decides to upload it.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by TechnicolorType
I really want apples now.

How does that make you think of apples?
I think one of Radiohead's records was actually stolen from their home computer. Hail to the Thief, right?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
in order to have stock for the release date, they must be shipped to stores probably about a week before it's released officially. thing how many hands they pass through to get from the band to the public.

band, friends, studio staff, record label staff, press, factories that actually produce the physical media, online distributors, delivery drivers, store staff.

somewhere along the line someone decides to upload it.

This. The true heros amongst men :')
I guess someone in the inner circle of the band betrays them,
a little lost.....
Quote by Ravenwoods
magic

As soon as I saw the question that was my answer.

+1
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison