Hey guys.. My gf's little brother wants to learn guitar and is looking to buy a guitar and amp.. seeing as i havnt really looked at low end gear in a while i thought i would ask you guys whats best for him to buy.. budget of probably about 600AUD. So is he best just grabbing a pack that includes the amp, guitar, strap and all that jazz or would be better him getting an individual guitar and amp.. because i want him to get the most quality he can for his money.. although i know with a budget like that your not going to get anything thats decent.. but its just for him to learn on.. so any ideas? I live in Sydney Australia btw.. so if you know of any stores that do deals or something let me know. Thanks!
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

All in all, a very productive day.
oh my bad.. knew i would forget to write something.. umm heavy rock, metal, punk.. so going to be something with humbuckers i guess
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

All in all, a very productive day.
Well, I'd say a lower end Ibanez, and maybe a Vypyr?

As much as I don't really like Vypyrs, they do cover a wide range of tones for a beginner when quality of tone is not a huge issue.
ive heard good things about the laguna pack. and despite what everyone says, the spider is perfectly fine for a beginner.
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
amp: peavey vypyr 15 or roland cube 15 prob the best way to go since he is a beginner. maybe a blackstar ht-5.

guitar: really doesnt matter that much - squier fat strat w/ alder body, epi lp of some sort. maybe a schecter omen. heaps of possibilities

edit: im in melb, prices check out. the blackstar was about 250 or 300 or something in nsw
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
Last edited by Bob_Smith at Sep 5, 2009,
Don't bother with the Blackstar. As a beginner, he should be looking for a low-maintenence, user friendly, versatile amp.