hey UG i would like your expert (and maybe even sarcastic) opinion on which of these two guitars is "better". i want to get an acoustic guitar and being left handed my choices are severely limited. both the taylor and martin are in stock at my local guitar store and i have tryed the taylor and absolutly loved it. i havnt tryed the martin yet because i just saw it today and the store was extremely busy.

so which of these two guitars should i get? or is there another guitar that i could take a look at that is in my price range (600- 700 canadian$)
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
I have a 110e and I love it. I really bought it for its acoustic sound. I haven't tried the martin either but the only complaint i have about the taylor is that it scratches and dents really easily. It doesn't effect the sound but if you get upset about that kind of thing...
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
well im leaning toward the taylor because it has some sort of finish on it while the martin doesnt, its just the natural wood (pardon my ignorance) but i think theyre made of the same wood so im pretty sure the martin will dent just as easily
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by pugnapugnapugna
Never played the Taylor. A couple of my friends have the Martin, though. I've played better Epiphone Masterbilts and Seagulls in the price range. Check them out if you can.

ill defintly consider that thanks
i also have never played a taylor lol but i like my dx1. i went with it over the seagull and an epiphone cause the seagull's neck is too wide for me and i just liked the sound better. but alot of people do love seagulls definetly worth checking out
a friend of mine got an epiphone masterbuilt and absolutely loves it. i'd check them out, they're supposed to be a pretty big bang for your buck in terms of quality for the money.

and i've heard horror stories about the dx1's... i almost bought one, but heard they can't take any sort of water damage at all. obviously you don't let your acoustic (or any) instrument get wet, but i heard they will literally disintegrate due to the laminate woods and the types of construction methods used. i wasn't afraid my instrument might meet water at some point, but it's a scary thing to think about. not completely sure if that's true or not, but something to consider / research.

when i wanted an acoustic i ended up saving for another few months and got something well above my original price range. i was looking in the $300-$500 range, saved a little, and got a really nice Seagull Artist Portrait acoustic. just something to think about!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Sep 8, 2009,
that water thing sounds wierd but i think id be pretty paranoid about it too, the suggestions are great but the only problem is im a lefty so actualy trying them out is an issue for me, how much do you think it would cost to have a righty acoustic fliped to a lefty? because im acctualy considering that if its cheap enough
I wouldn't do it. Acoustics are braced differently for leftys and rightys. Just like electrics, they're made differently, but unlike electrics, you shouldn't really play them upside down. Yes, I know Kurt Cobain did it. But Kurt Cobain also did marijuana, LSD, and heroin, and he killed himself. My point? Just because Cobain did it doesn't mean you should too.

Anyways, there are some good leftys in this price range. I'd stay away from Taylor and Martin in this range though simply because their quality of materials and build is going to be severly subpar to comparable guitars, such as the Seagulls and Epiphone Masterbilts mentioned above, as well as Takamine, Alvarez, Washburn, and Yamaha to name a few.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Sep 9, 2009,