Alright, I'll start this off by saying that I'm the guitarist and that the band will be playing fresh, original metal that (hopefully) differs from the trends of many of todays bands. Use of odd timings and weird structures is common. Our influences include and are not limited to: The Black Dahlia Murder, Between The Buried and Me, As They Sleep, Necrophagist, Dimension Zero, Obscura, Dismember, Death, At the Gates, Warbringer, Cannibal Corpse, In Flames, As Blood Runs Black and As I Lay Dying. That said, very few breakdowns will be used, if any.

For vocals, basically an ideal candidate would be someone who can do "death grunts" and "high shrieks" and is fairly versatile. Needs to have decent stage presence and the ability to interact with a crowd. Writing lyrics is a must, but other members can assist if needed. No pig squeals please.

As for guitar, this isn't a position that is required as I'm content to play by myself. However, I'd like to have someone that is able to play interesting leads and harmonize with myself in certain song sections. Skills in tremolo picking, pinch harmonics, and such are required, of course. Sweeping abilities are a very large plus. Tuning to C# Standard.

If you have any more questions, feel free to respond here or drop me a PM. Oh, and for a little background, the three of us combine for nearly 20 years of experience, and our ages range from 16-20.

Thank you for reading!
Last edited by Steve-Mo at Jan 16, 2010,
I'd also like to mention (to maybe save myself from a few flames) that I'm aware that only a few of those bands I listed are melodeath and that some are -cores, but they are influences nonetheless.
Last.fm

Good Trades:
lp_dude_2 / miketheslut/ kshands / alexmack

i think i would fit the guitar position perfectly. i specialize in tremolo picking, pinch harmonics, and sweep picking. but i am under your age area. im 14, and you may be a little bit too far away, but not sure. i live in hornell.
Buy a Vocalist T-Shirt! Visit our shop and browse our merchandise.They have the drummer, bass and lead vocal sorted but need to hear from girl guitarists.and have grown up with an eclectic mix of Latin and Western genres.These DVDs are full of action, and music is needed to fuel the excitement.

Thansk
Quote by olix95
i think i would fit the guitar position perfectly. i specialize in tremolo picking, pinch harmonics, and sweep picking. but i am under your age area. im 14, and you may be a little bit too far away, but not sure. i live in hornell.

That's not too far away, and age isn't too much of a problem as long as you're mature enough which you seem to be. Any chance you could upload some audio? If you don't have a cam perhaps you could text me some clips?

Tuning to C# standard now, btw.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

Quote by Steve-Mo
That's not too far away, and age isn't too much of a problem as long as you're mature enough which you seem to be. Any chance you could upload some audio? If you don't have a cam perhaps you could text me some clips?

Tuning to C# standard now, btw.

what do mean by "text you some clips"? as in text messaging on a phone, or what?

here is what i got from my old band though...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU15pBD1PVs
I meant record a sample via your phone and text it me, some phones can actually record somewhat okay clips. Regardless, good playing but I got the spot filled, sorry.
Last.fm

Good Trades: