Saw this used at CG for $50. I had to check it out. Wasn't expecting that much, but all I can say is "whoa".

This is presence and resonance in a box. If you have a Blackstar, TRY THIS PEDAL NOW!!! (are you listening 7oM?)

Last edited by 667 at Sep 6, 2009,
-.- this is a npd -.-

But happy nPd anyways
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Quote by williamdllr
-.- this is a npd -.-

NGD can also mean New Gear Day
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Oups, yea Will, I meant NPD, but yea, Koshman has a point.
^ Yea. The thing is mint too. Box, docs, power supply.
Not a scratch on it.
Why should I buy this pedal? I've never really understood what these pedals do.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by TDS
Why should I buy this pedal? I've never really understood what these pedals do.

It undoes what the twelve other pedals you bought do.
Quote by BobDetroit
It undoes what the twelve other pedals you bought do.

so it pretty much cancels out tone loss?
It really does act like a resonance and presence control.

This is the explanation from a review of the rack version...

"Envelope Distortion is an anomaly that is inherent of most loudspeakers. It is a set of very strict rules enforced on sound waves by the laws of physics. Don’t worry! We are not going to go that in depth here. Let’s just cover the basics in simple English so that you can understand to a point why this is so important.

Any given note in music is made up of two components. First you have the fundamental note which is the foundation. Second you have the harmonic frequencies of that note. The way these harmonic frequencies interact with each other and the fundamental note defines the sound of a given note and instrument.

Unfortunately, the voice coils on the loudspeakers cause a phase shift that becomes stronger as the frequencies get higher. This ultimately causes the higher frequencies to slow down and reach the listeners ears behind the lower frequencies. The result is a reproduced sound that lacks the original sounds life and clarity. In some cases you may even have a hard time determining what kind of instrument you are listening to.

For many years the music industry either ignored or accepted that envelope distortion was a problem and moved on not worrying about it much. Fortunately a company called BBE Sound did worry about it and set out on a journey for a better sound. This journey would ultimately take all musicians who paid attention to their efforts to a new level of playing and listening enjoyment.

The solution to this problem as addressed by BBE Sound was to design a circuit that would delay the low frequencies allowing the higher frequencies to catch up. This allowed the entire frequency spectrum to arrive at the listener’s ear at the same time. This process is called “time alignment”. Because the frequencies get slower the higher they become, BBE designed the circuit to gradually slow them down as they got lower. What you effectively get is a multi speed delay. The speed of the delay is determined by the particular frequency that it is interacting with. Now let’s take a look at the unit."
"