So I have to write a 1000 word college paper on any topic, and I chose how technology is causing the music industry to decline. As of right now all I can think about is companies or programs like Limewire making it easy to steal music and kill the industry, also I tunes letting the public buy singles instead of the whole CD, which would give the artist more profit ( in theory).

What other ideas can the Pit give me? If you all could provide articles for me to cite it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.
you could talk about how torrents have pretty much gotten rid of the idea of paying for any digital media for most of the online community. seriously, who still uses limewire?

if you can write it on any topic then you could: ignore music all together and compare the lasting effects on different countries that the british colonized. or compare british imperialism to that of another country such as japan.

or you could talk about genocide in different parts of the world.

or you could talk about your opinions on health care reform in the united states and/or other countries. for example how so much money is spent on it here yet it's of such a poor quality compared to that of many other countries.

or you could talk about the drug trade in many countries and its political influence in countries like afghanistan.

or you could compare different dictatorships throughout the world and how some have stayed in power for generations while others have failed so miserably.

or you could compare the progression of different communist countries and discuss why some were more successful than others.

or talk about the separation of north and south korea.

or talk about the political and economic effects of having large amounts of oil in a country.

or you could talk about child labor laws.

or you could talk about nuclear weapons policies in various countries and how they differ. you could also talk about what helped them to develop such drastically different policies.

or you could talk about the differences in women's rights around the world.

or you could talk about the crime rates in countries that have very lenient drug laws versus ones with very strict ones.

or you could discuss the effects of religion on the government.

or you could write a story about how you love your pet cat (if you own one, if not then get one first then write the paper).

there's really no shortage of topics. you can always just go to google news, pick a pertinent story, do some research and go from there.
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
Last edited by arizonagt at Sep 6, 2009,
talk about royalties being toned down to the artist by buying through itunes
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by MrGuitarGuy01
So I have to write a 1000 word college paper on any topic, and I chose how technology is causing the music industry to decline. As of right now all I can think about is companies or programs like Limewire making it easy to steal music and kill the industry, also I tunes letting the public buy singles instead of the whole CD, which would give the artist more profit ( in theory).

What other ideas can the Pit give me? If you all could provide articles for me to cite it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Why not just pick something you can actually talk about?
I could burn 1000 words talking about what I wanted to talk about. That's a couple of sides of A4.

You can write it on just about anything.
Dude cmon, 1000 words is nothing. It's 2 hours worth of work max. You could BS that whole thing easy.
Quote by SilentHeaven109
Why not just pick something you can actually talk about?

Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
you can talk about how easy it is for people to gain access to recording equipment and that the need for an actual studio to create music is being phased out. Also you can talk about bands being able to self promote due to the internet.

and on another note...1000 words really isnt that much
as a sophomore i had a 10 page paper
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Fender Stratocaster Custom
Epiphone Les Paul Classic (w/ EMG-81)
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
I know I could BS it, I just wanted ideas. Any ideas or comments about how the music industry is declining and the causes would be nice.
how about the evolution of musical media--vinyl, 8track, cassette, cd, digital media (mp3)
and how hard it is to keep up with the music medians of the current era
What I like to do is find two points of comparison, even if they're within the same topic. It doubles the amounts of information you can write about.

1000 words is only about two pages btw.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by MrGuitarGuy01
I know I could BS it, I just wanted ideas. Any ideas or comments about how the music industry is declining and the causes would be nice.

Clearly not...

Oh well, I suppose you could just talk about Limewire, torrents etc, the poor royalties payed to bands, the increased use of the Internet for promotion instead of relying on record companies and radio play, the importance of bands touring/selling merchandise to make money instead of making money from CD/single sales, and if you're particularly bitchy about mainstream music, write something about how newer bands have no talent, and mention The Jonas Brothers by name at least 6 times...
Quote by Laces Out Danny
What I like to do is find two points of comparison, even if they're within the same topic. It doubles the amounts of information you can write about.

1000 words is only about two pages btw.

i definitely agree that comparison topics are always the easiest to talk about. you never run short on information and if you need to you can always pad it with bs easily. and 1,000 words should be a nice and quick paper.

also i've learned over the years that it's almost always easier to do a paper on just about anything besides music and it's generally more well received by teachers as they have a tendency to lean towards being more professional. music topics often seem to come across as people being lazy and just deciding to talk about something easy like their favorite band.
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
Last edited by arizonagt at Sep 6, 2009,
Oh, i could BS it, thanks for the people who gave me ideas, and I love how there's always a smartass in every forum. I got lucky to get like three of them.

thanks for yalls help.
Quote by MrGuitarGuy01
Oh, i could BS it, thanks for the people who gave me ideas, and I love how there's always a smartass in every forum. I got lucky to get like three of them.

thanks for yalls help.

No problem, I'm always willing to be the thread smartass
You should talk about how the workd OK looks like a sideways little man.

Think about it, since the beginning of people using this language we have been secretly spied on by these little people.

Right now that little man up there is probably reading this, and will soon destroy me as to avoid the world knowing about their plans!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile