I'm reaalllyy GAS'ing for a small tube amp for mobility, jamming etc, and I've been looking at one of these.

I have my eye on a auction, reassure me that I should get it.
What can genres can this thing get into on it's own? I'm hoping I can get some pop punk, like Blink 182.

How does this thing respond when you put a nice overdrive in front of it?

Finally, how is the amp over all, and I'm open to suggestions of different small tube combo's.

Thanks and Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
It's an amazing little for cleans. I've only played it for about 5 minutes, you can get a nice vox-esque tone out of it as expected. It's kind of a one trick pony without pedals IMO. I doubt you could even get Blink 182 out of it without some type of boost.

How about a Superchamp XD? You'll be able to get there easily with all voicings and effects on board, will still have all tube and not be so limited? Plus, it sounds amazing for the price. Definitely something worth looking at.
they're very good, a little marshall-like, completely different character from something like a Vox AC30 or something.
They're great amps.
Like Al said, I too found them more like Marshalls than Voxs.
Cranked should be a pretty convincing Blink 182 sound.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
I guess I'll have to play it again. Seems like most of you are recognizing a different sound.
I really like this amp but not sure about how it does Blink 182 or how it responds with a decent od.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
I played one with my mia strat............. and i'm having G.A.S. Attack Great little amp!
Some people still might find it loud, I have to close my door when I play it. Also if you want to change from clean to od whilst playing.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Quote by Airline-Olie
why would you need an overdrive with a 1/4 watt amp, just turn it up

For more gain. The amp doesn't go to 11.
Quote by Airline-Olie
why would you need an overdrive with a 1/4 watt amp, just turn it up

A boost?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Yeah, its definitely Marshally. I switched around all the wattages, and its definitely a loud amp. I'm sure you could get a Blink sound out of it, especially with a Bad Monkey or something.
Tom is actually using AC30s now, so if the AC4 sounds at all Vox-y than you should be able to nail his tone.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
THat amp'll do pretty much anything judging from some video reviews I've seen. It seems to take decent pedals really well too. It is more Marshall than Vox on first listen, though, but if you roll back your guitar's vol and get a decent od pedal you'll have a nice two channel amp to work with.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Quote by thrasher.
It's an amazing little for cleans. I've only played it for about 5 minutes, you can get a nice vox-esque tone out of it as expected. It's kind of a one trick pony without pedals IMO. I doubt you could even get Blink 182 out of it without some type of boost.

How about a Superchamp XD? You'll be able to get there easily with all voicings and effects on board, will still have all tube and not be so limited? Plus, it sounds amazing for the price. Definitely something worth looking at.

The Vox can handle Blink when cranked. Add an OD pedal in and it'll handle a lot more than Blink.

It's a great little amp, handles everything I play, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd to name a couple. Could get enough gain, especially with a pedal in front to play pretty much anything outside metal. I use a Bad Monkey through it which I plan on replacing. The amp takes it well. The amp has great, Voxy cleans, starts to break up at about halfway on each wattage setting.
Quote by demitriv
Some people still might find it loud, I have to close my door when I play it. Also if you want to change from clean to od whilst playing.

You could just roll the guitar volume back. TS, it could easily handle Blink stuff. Like I said in that other thread, the AC4TV is a fantastic little amp and is a strong contender for my favorite little tube amp along with the ZVex Nano and Fuchs Lucky 7.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I'm so close to buying it.

I had it in my cart on musiciansfriend, but then took it out. I need a job =(.

Quote by tr3nt
I'm so close to buying it.

I had it in my cart on musiciansfriend, but then took it out. I need a job =(.

Dooo it!
It's a good amp. However a Blackheart BH5 is also a great choice. I needed a small amp for mobility and went with the Blackheart...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I just bought it, I liked the AC's so I thought this would be right,

Nad thread with clips and pics coming later.

Well not a bad choice I must say. It was on the top of my lsit with the Blackheart BH5 and Marshall Class 5. It lost to the BH because of lack of EQ but mostly because of price.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by tr3nt
I just bought it, I liked the AC's so I thought this would be right,

Nad thread with clips and pics coming later.

Congrats! Look forward to it
Quote by Gabel
Well not a bad choice I must say. It was on the top of my lsit with the Blackheart BH5 and Marshall Class 5. It lost to the BH because of lack of EQ but mostly because of price.

Is the Class 5 out yet? I've been wanting to try one since they announced them.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx

They're out over here in England, I haven't tried one yet though.
Picked up the 8 inch speaker version last week, and very impressed so far. I agree with "it's Marshally" comments, but it's also fair to say it can do the whole Vox chimey thing. The missus described it as "cute".
Oh, now I've gone and spilled my tea. This really won't do at all.
Quote by mmolteratx

Well they are int eh UK, soon to come here in Sweden. Thing was that it was going to be twice as expensive as the Blackheart at best and I didn't find it worth it... I need the money for something else uou UG'ers will like...
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Gabel
Well they are int eh UK, soon to come here in Sweden. Thing was that it was going to be twice as expensive as the Blackheart at best and I didn't find it worth it... I need the money for something else uou UG'ers will like...

Ah, they still haven't announced a release date here in the States as far as I know. I do know the price should be around $400 though, which isn't too bad considering they could charge twice that and still sell a ton to n00bz.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I hadn't heard of the Class 5, been looking for something to do me for a nice practice amp. As amazing as my JCM is at low volume it's a bit of a pain having to move it to and from band practice with no car since I don't have a practice amp at the moment. Will definatley keep my eye out for one of them
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey