What is the best headphone amp? I want to buy one so i could play late at night... I was thinkin about the VOX ones but i havent tried them and i have no experience with headphone amps.

Help?

EDIT: I also want it to be cheap, so im not gonna buy a small amp instead and just use headphones with it.
Last edited by benx3000 at Sep 6, 2009,
I took my little SS practice amp, and took it out of its case and made a case for it since it had a headphone out on it. I'm sure you could find one for 10 bucks on craigslist or kijiji or something.

I was thinking of building one of these cabinet sims for it http://www.runoffgroove.com/condor.html to add before the headphone out, so it add's a bit of meat to it.

Check out the examples and clip 3 in particular. http://www.runoffgroove.com/condor3.mp3 thats without and with the cabinet sim board. You could also build a small amp from that site, that you can add a headphone out jack too, battery powered, through in a tube driver circuit from there, and the condor amp sim, and have a portable box with gain, a tube screamer sim and a cabinet sim for probably 20 bucks in parts if you're good with soldering.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Last edited by GeToChKn at Sep 6, 2009,
Vox amplug Metal. It can do everything except for cleans, sounds better than most low end solid states imo.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Pocket Pod.

/thread

Yes it pwns the Amplug, it pwns most cheap SS amps, it pwns most other cheap modellers, it's basically a Pod 2.0 in a smaller case, just don't get the PP Express. For tone and versatility, nothing is gonna match it in it's price range.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
Pocket Pod.

/thread

Yes it pwns the Amplug, it pwns most cheap SS amps, it pwns most other cheap modellers, it's basically a Pod 2.0 in a smaller case, just don't get the PP Express. For tone and versatility, nothing is gonna match it in it's price range.

+1

This or buy a Vox Ac4

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.