Hey, guys, I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me out. I have an edge 3 tremolo on my ibanez xtp700, and i am trying to add more springs to it because the bridge is not parallel to the neck/body. So I opened up the back and got the springs out of the claws. Now i found i have a pannel with two screws on it and i cant get the screws out to add a new spring to the 3 i already have. Can somebody tell me if this is even how you do it, by taking the plate with the screws off so i can get to the hook end of the springs?
You just take the back panel off, that's where the springs are. You shouldn't be removing them, just tighten the claw (assuming the bridge is being pulled forward) and if that's not enough add another spring.

Now i found i have a pannel with two screws on it and i cant get the screws out to add a new spring to the 3 i already have. Can somebody tell me if this is even how you do it, by taking the plate with the screws off so i can get to the hook end of the springs?

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about here.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You don't have the guitar setup right it shouldn't need more than 3 springs on.

Either:

1) Take it to a pro.
2) Read some tutorials and videos on here or youtube on how to set it up.
Legend.
Alright, the springs hooked end goes into the tremolo and the hoop end is connected to the claw. At the end where the hook end goes into the tremolo there is a black plastic plate with two screws, the screws are jammed in there and i am pretty sure the only way to add another spring is if you remove that plate.