Hello, this will be my 3rd guitar or so and i need help with finding a guitar with the following
Either:
1st option color: prefer a solid color such as black or white, but whatever you find.
-1000$ or under (if the guitar is just over e.g 1100 thats fine, pretty sure ebay will have a better deal under 1000$)
-Prefer no strat shape, (sounds impossible, but i alrdy have 2 strat shapes so i wld like to avoid this)
-Ebony fretboard
-Emg's or good passive (Seymour duncans or Dimarzio, not made by the guitar company prefer)
-neck through (or set neck, or even bolt on if the guitar is kick ass enough)
-Not basswood body (any other type sure)
-Bridge is whatever, floyd rose or not

color: anything really
Or option 2:
-No strat shape, (prefer a more vintage shape such as SG or les paul for this one)
-Any fretboard
-1000$ or under (same thing with just over)
-Humbucker pickups (not single coil please)
neck through prefer (same rule as first option)
-not basswood
-any bridge

Thanks in advance, im just looking for a good guitar with good sound really, and getting tired of strat shapes. Also pleasee try to avoid cheaper versions of a company such as LTD or epiphone, i just hate thinking i got the worse end of the companys offer, and LTD hates using ebony fretboards for some reason lol.
Last edited by rawd at Sep 6, 2009,
well you dont want a strat shape so that leaves les pauls, sg's, explorers, flying vs and telecaster, unless thats too close to a strat for you.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
oddly enough i just picked up a fender fmt tele with duncans great guitars, maybe look into 1 of those, otherwise LTD offers many exotic shapes in solid colors with different p/u configurations
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
I play metal mainly, and telecasters are fine really, im just not so crazy about those heavy metal shapes like a xiphos, though razorbacks look alright, but the only one worth buying is the usa made tbh
See if you could find a Washburn WI-66 Pro-E. it does have a rosewood fingerboard though, and I'm not sure where they can be found in the US, but other than that it fits perfectly into your specs.
Thanks, but as a note I already own the jim root telecaster in case somebody mentions that, and as for washburn I've never had much luck finding a decent guitar from those i played, and also many reviews have spoken negatively of them, so are they good?
On a note, I really like those Paul Stanley washburn guitars... are there any other models that looks sexy like those from washburn or any other company? the PS 7200 is perfect...but randall pickups ehh
Alright, honest opinion would the EC-1000 VB be a good option? (ESP LTD eclipse vintage black) because it has the exact specs as my dream guitar atm (The ESP Eclipse II)

with:

Ebony fretboard
Set neck (my 2nd option to neck through)
Emg's
awesome color and gold trim

So, i have yet to compare LTD to ESP, can someone point out any differences (besides LTD made in korea) because i dont really give a **** where the guitar was made, as long as it sounds good and lives up to what i need.
If i have yet to find an ESP Eclipse II within a month or so on ebay for under 1000$ and pretty good condition, i may consider the LTD or whatever you guys find, ty
Quote by rawd
On a note, I really like those Paul Stanley washburn guitars... are there any other models that looks sexy like those from washburn or any other company? the PS 7200 is perfect...but randall pickups ehh

Randall pickups are actually quite good, to be honest.
Are they really? ill look into them, does anyone have more ideas or like some very epic strat shapes...cause i might have to actually buy one and will consider some offers,

also if you know any1 selling an eclipse II standard on ebay telll meeee (for a good price)
A Schecter Hellraiser fits the bill. EMG's and ebony fretboard. I think they are neck-through (correct me if I am wrong).They have a Les Paul and a V (there is also a Strat shape). They come in several colors.

I would suggest buying the FR and installing a Tremol-no. The FR version costs 150 USD and the tremol-no costs 50, so that's an extra $200 but it is totally worth it.

For around that cost, you could also look into Carvin guitars. I own one and absolutely love it. They can go as low as $800. Mine costed $1300 but it came with a bunch of features. They can cover pretty much any genre. They come in different shapes too.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Last edited by ferretface at Sep 7, 2009,
Problem is, the schecter les paul shape looks utterly retarded in my eyes, and i believe a rosewood fingerboard, though ty! and as for carvins i was thinking about getting one, looks pretty awesome
Quote by ferretface
A Schecter Hellraiser fits the bill. EMG's and ebony fretboard. I think they are neck-through (correct me if I am wrong).They have a Les Paul and a V (there is also a Strat shape). They come in several colors.

I would suggest buying the FR and installing a Tremol-no. The FR version costs 150 USD and the tremol-no costs 50, so that's an extra $200 but it is totally worth it.

For around that cost, you could also look into Carvin guitars. I own one and absolutely love it. They can go as low as $800. Mine costed $1300 but it came with a bunch of features. They can cover pretty much any genre. They come in different shapes too.

YOUR SIG IS THE MOST TRUE THING I HAVE EVER HEARD EVER.
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
A used LP studio in white, has an ebony fretboard and you could get one for $700, then use the rest of the money on the pups you want,
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
A used LP studio in white, has an ebony fretboard and you could get one for $700, then use the rest of the money on the pups you want,

Ill have to look into switching passive pickups to active EMG's as i am very uninformed in that aspect, but i have heard it is difficult or expensive, but thank you for your idea